Accounting Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Selfhelp New York
Selfhelp New York urgently required following position for Accounting Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounting Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Selfhelp New York Jobs Details:
Monitors, reports and analyzes the financial reporting and accounting for Selfhelp Community Services Inc. and its’ related entities. Directly assist the Accounting Manager, Director of Finance and/or CFO.
1. Ensure that all general ledger postings including but not limited to cash disbursements, cash receipts and journal entries are properly posted on a timely basis to the general ledger of various entities using account numbers, classes and grant program codes.
2. Prepare and Review monthly reports such as monthly and quarterly profit and loss, Balance sheet, cash flow and other reports for accuracy of postings and completeness. Deliver such reports, as required to the Accounting Manager, Director of Finance and/or CFO by pre-determined monthly deadlines.
3. Maintain and verify accuracy of monthly and quarterly balance sheet accounts, and deliver such analysis to the Accounting Manager for final review prior to submission to Director of Finance or CFO by monthly and quarterly reporting deadlines.
4. Prepare and maintain work papers for various monthly roll forward and other schedules, on a monthly basis.
5. Assist with all external audits of the Company’s and related entity’s financial statements as performed by various independent auditors.
6. For certain senior accounting positions, complete DFTA reporting, SOFA reporting, Claims Conference billing, and Intercompany Billings.
7. Communicate with other program accounting staff as needed in order to complete aforementioned reports.
8. Attend meetings as needed and requested by Accounting Manager, Director of Finance and/or CFO. 9. Supervise a team of AP staff and accountants to ensure smooth running of weekly AP processing and payments processing. 10. Help and prepared annual budgets as well as budget updates and forecasts.
11. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills And Requirements
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting from a four-year college or university. One year in an audit and/or Financial Reporting setting, either in a public firm or a large private company. Minimum of five years work experience in accounting/finance departments. A combination of both non-profit and for profit corporations (revenues in excess of $75M) is preferable. CPA preferred. Experienced in MS Word, MS PowerPoint MS Excel required (e.g., Pivot tables, Vlookups, etc.) Knowledge of MIP Fund Accounting & QuickBooks and other general ledger software required, as well as report writing in the MIP Fund Accounting Software. The following experience is preferred: public accounting; not for profit, real estate and/or home care experience; understanding of accruals, depreciation, amortization, prepayments, matching of revenue and expenses and other GAAP concepts; budgeting experience in a multi-departmental, multi–entity company; ability to reconcile payroll, investments and other such types of accounts.