Student Opportunities And Special Events Coordinator Yes Prep System Office Immediate Opening Jobs Vacancy in Yes Prep Public Schools Houston
- Student Opportunities And Special Events Coordinator Yes Prep System Office Immediate Opening
- Yes Prep Public Schools
- Houston TX
- 11 Jun, 2018 30+ days ago
Yes Prep Public Schools Houston urgently required following position for Student Opportunities And Special Events Coordinator Yes Prep System Office Immediate Opening. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Student Opportunities And Special Events Coordinator Yes Prep System Office Immediate Opening Jobs Vacancy in Yes Prep Public Schools Houston Jobs Details:
POSITION: Student Opportunities and Special Events Coordinator - YES Prep System Office (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
REPORTS TO: Director of College-Readiness
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
THE CHALLENGE & OPPORTUNITY
Across the nation, only half of all students from low-income communities’ graduate from high school and only 10% earn a college degree. Even though 84% of their students are economically disadvantaged, YES Prep provides evidence that different outcomes are possible. Ninety-four (94%) of YES Prep alumni matriculate to college within one year and alumni like Eddie Zapata are earning their college degrees at four times the rate of their peers with similar socioeconomic backgrounds. How do they do this? Each of YES Prep’s 18 campuses serves 6th-12th graders like Monique Bowie. Students typically enter YES Prep one or more grade levels behind but quickly find themselves on a different life trajectory as a result of transformative relationships with teachers and leaders and access to excellent educational opportunities.
As the first minority-majority city, Houston’s schools cannot keep up with demand from students like Eddie and Monique. Houston is the 4th largest city (on track to become the 3rd), and this booming population translates into 7,000 families on YES Prep’s waitlist. YES Prep’s student enrollment is estimated to grow 31% between now and 2023 (from 11,600 currently to 17,000).
YES Prep needs a dynamic and diverse Student Opportunities and Special Events Coordinator to make our mission a reality. As a YES Prep employee, you will achieve jaw-dropping results, create pathways to opportunity for our students, build transformative relationships, and eliminate educational inequities to advance social justice. To put it simply, you will directly impact the lives of hundreds of students and their ability to defy the odds and make it to and through college!
We seek staff with diverse backgrounds, talents, interests, and ideas to meet the needs of our growing body of students. Certain traits consistently shine through for our most successful employees: passion for the mission, drive for results, care for students, resilience, and humility.
When you join the YES Prep team, some of the exciting work will include:
- Planning and executing all district-wide College Initiatives; including Graduation, Senior Signing Day, the YES Prep KIPP College Fair, IMPACT Saturday, and IMPACT Institute
- Maintaining positive and collaborative relationships with event vendors
- Monitoring and tracking event budgets to ensure fiscal responsibility
- Establish 1-3 new district-wide student opportunities internships and partnerships with a goal to renew at least 50% of existing partnerships and internships
- Evaluating the health of existing student opportunity relationships and collecting data to inform the establishment and management of partnerships
- Securing a minimum of $25,000 of financial assistance to support the programming of YES Prep student opportunities
- Sustaining solid partnerships with existing student opportunities providers
- Coaching, supporting, and providing regular communication to campus-based student opportunities coordinators
- Providing weekly operational and logistical support to the Managing Director of College Initiatives
THE MUST HAVES
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
- Previous experience in partnership management
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team
- Openness to giving and receiving feedback
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core values of YES Prep Public Schools
As a Student Opportunities and Special Events Manager, you will join a warm and welcoming Home Office College Initiatives team.
YES Prep teams understand they are setting the example for how their students experience their YES Prep education and want to make sure it feels like a second home to them. Teams are obsessed with improving themselves because they know that living the core values translates directly into stronger results and college access for all students.
THE TANGIBLE GOOD
YES Prep offers a competitive salary as well as a full benefit plan. We value longevity and performance over time through our Commit to Five program and opportunities provided for performance increases. YES Prep invests in developing leaders through high-quality programs, effective coaching, and ongoing professional development. The strong culture of our campuses are just one of many reasons we were among Houston’s Best Place to work. We won the 2012 Broad Prize for Excellence in Urban Education and were a 2016 finalist as well. Travel + Leisure recently named Houston the best city for foodies and, with an affordable cost of living Houstonians enjoy life and all the city has to offer.
For more detail about this opportunity, see our FAQ’s here.
WE ARE DEEPLY COMMITTED TO EQUITY & DIVERSITY
YES Prep strives to recruit a diverse team of leaders. We believe there is a transformative academic and social benefit for students when their teachers and leaders reflect a diversity of backgrounds. 97% of staff members agree that the organization provides a welcoming environment given their background and identity according to our latest system survey.
YES Prep is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.
THE NEXT STEPS
If this sounds like your just right job, please apply. If you are not sure this opportunity is for you, are simply curious, or know someone who would be perfect, please reach out to our Talent team to be connected to a recruiter at email@example.com.