Assistant Contract Administrator Jobs Vacancy in New York State Homes And Community Renewal New York
New York State Homes And Community Renewal New York urgently required following position for Assistant Contract Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Contract Administrator Jobs Vacancy in New York State Homes And Community Renewal New York Jobs Details:
ASSISTANT CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR
New York State Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) fosters the creation and preservation of high quality affordable housing, while working strategically to revitalize neighborhoods and communities throughout the Empire State. Under the leadership of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and Commissioner James S. Rubin, HCR is a vibrant, innovative agency that integrates and leverages New York State’s housing resources. We have offices in New York City, Albany, Buffalo and Syracuse, and employ a diverse workforce of professionals who are hard-working and committed to serving low and moderate income families. Our mission is far reaching, encompassing single and multifamily housing finance, home improvement, rent regulation, housing subsidies, and community development. We partner regularly with a variety of public and private stakeholders.
Achieving this mission requires a wide range of skills and backgrounds in public policy, administration, real estate, architecture, finance, law and many other areas of expertise. We seek to provide a workplace environment that is productive, flexible, accountable, ethical and caring. Our employees are empowered to make a difference where they live and work. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision, retirement and family-friendly policies.
In anticipation of passage of Governor Cuomo’s historic $10 billion proposal to create 100,000 affordable housing units across the state over 5 years, HCR is currently seeking to fill a wide variety of positions. Please see our website www.nyshcr.org for more information.
The Assistant Contract Administrator will be responsible for assisting the Vice President of Contracts and Administration with matters relating to procurements and contracts, preparation of materials for consideration by the Agencies’ Members/Directors/Governance Committees and other related administrative matters of the Agencies. The Assistant Contract Administrator will also perform a wide range of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Draft solicitation material, memoranda and contracts;
- Execute activities and tasks to prepare various procurement and contract reports;
- Review and monitor daily procurement and contract processes;
- Troubleshoot assistance for problem resolutions relating to procurements and contracts;
- Assistance with matters relating to minority and women owned business enterprises and service disabled veteran owned businesses;
- Learn, understand and utilize the agencies’ databases (SAP, ProLink, SFS)
- Learn, understand and follow agencies’ procurement and contract policies/procedures
- Learn, understand and follow State procurement and contract statutes
- Thoroughly understand and document procurement processes
- Perform general research;
- Maintain contract data base and complete file of Agency contracts and bid documents;
- Track payments to vendors;
- Coordinate invoice approval in accordance to contract procedures;
- Assist in other procurement and contract matters as directed.
- Excellent organizational and demonstrated analytical skills.
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and documentation skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization up to and including executives’ roles
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and outside contacts.
- Excellent word processing, Excel spreadsheet and other computer skills such as PowerPoint. In addition, experience in SAP preferred.
- Ability to be discreet, precise and good facility in making distinctions.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Ability to generate worthwhile new ideas or techniques having practical applications.
- Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately and to exercise care in safeguarding proprietary information.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibility and to acquire additional expertise through training, experience and education.
- Good attendance and punctuality.
- Intellectual curiosity – consistently trying new methods
- Business acumen – willing to understand how the Agencies’ business operates and how talent drives it
- Analytics and problem solving – uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems and with effective solutions
- Comfortable with ambiguity – difference in policies/procedures among agencies. A positive attitude, flexibility and resilience facing multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Strong team contributor, sharing ideas, knowledge and best practices
- Influencing skills – ability to quickly establish credibility and effectively manage others through influence
- Self-motivate, confident, and able to work effectively with little supervision; takes initiative, makes things happen, accepts accountability, and has a “can do” attitude
- A strong value system, excellent judgment, unquestioned integrity
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree as well as relevant academic training or transferrable skills.
- Minimum of three years of related experience preferred.
- Successful candidate must demonstrate ability to pay close attention to detail, have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to effectively work independently, and with others.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity to be part of New York’s resurgence to greatness;
- Extensive benefits package including paid leave, excellent health, dental, vision and retirement benefits;
- Promotional opportunity for dedicated professionals.
New York State is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $53,700.00 to $92,100.00 /year
- Contract Administration: 3 years