PPM is a thriving Planned Parenthood affiliate with a healthy financial standing and the capacity for expansion of our clinical services as well as our geographic reach. Our mission is to enable all Marylander's to have access to a wide range of high quality, affordable reproductive health care services. By providing medical services, education, training and advocacy, PPM seeks to help individuals make informed decisions about their reproductive health, family planning options, and sexuality.
Summary: Under the general direction of the Call Center Manager, perform the administrative and clinical tasks necessary for efficient call center operations. This position may support both English and Spanish speaking patients. Ensure high-quality patient services through patient education and counseling, effective clinical support, and efficient patient flow. If bilingual, provide interpretation services for Spanish-speaking clients.
1. Customer Service: Interact with callers in an exceptionally courteous and empathetic manner at all times. Provide general information to patients via telephone and act as liaison between clients and clinics. Adhere to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints.
2. Scheduling: Schedule appointments for all services offered by PPM. Describe services to callers and determine type of appointment needed. Schedule appointments using computerized patient information system in a manner which facilitates efficient patient flow. Collect required demographic, medical and payment information at time of scheduling. Accurately enter insurance information. Make outgoing appointment confirmation or rescheduling calls as needed.
3. Maintain strict patient confidentiality as required by PPM policy and Federal HIPAA regulation. Comply with OSHA regulations, and PPM policy and procedure.
4. If bilingual, provide interpretation services as needed for family planning and surgical services patients, in-person and over the phone. Assist with translation of PPM documents, forms and website pages.
5. Assist with emergency situations according to PPM standards and /guidelines.
6. Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity. Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
1. Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent; and
2. Ability to read and write at an eighth grade level.
3. Patient Service or Customer Service experience;
4. Experience working with Computers. Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
5. CPR certification or willingness to obtain immediately after employment.
6. Bilingual English/Spanish, preferred.
PPM has a comprehensive and competitive compensation/benefits program to include employer matched 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, employer paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary and supplemental life insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave and a generous time off package.
PPM is an equal opportunity employer. It is PPM's policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, military status, physical or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy, child birth or related medical condition, personal appearance, familial status, political opinion, source of income, occupation, or any other category protected by law.