Accounting Finance Manager Jobs Vacancy in Pueblo County Pueblo
Pueblo County Pueblo urgently required following position for Accounting Finance Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounting Finance Manager Jobs Vacancy in Pueblo County Pueblo Jobs Details:
SALARY DEPENDS ON QUALIFICATIONS
Serves as Chief Financial Officer for the Department of Social Services. Administers and performs a variety of complex professional and technical functions necessary to maintain the financial operations and systems of the Department of Social Services.
Examples of Duties:
Essential Job Functions
- Exercises direct, first-level supervision of positions, employees, operations and activities. Includes coordinating staff training, assigning and reviewing work, participating in the interview and selection process, making recommendations impacting pay, status and disciplinary action, evaluating performance independently or in conjunction with a higher level supervisor/manager and approving time off and approving staff timesheets.
- Develops and manages the Department of Social Services budget; reviews and approves expenditures.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises division functions in the areas of accounts payable, financial accounting system, purchasing, grants, accounting and the annual audit. Also coordinates training requirements for all division staff.
- Establishes and communicates budget preparation procedures within the department and provides information, records and technical assistance to unit managers preparing their budgets.
- Monitors budgets and initiates adjustments.
- Communicates the status of agency budget and related issue to department and County management through management reports and advice.
- Implements appropriate accounting and financial reporting procedures and systems to ensure accurate and proper recording and accounting of financial transactions to county and state entities.
- Directs and reviews the preparation of reports, statements, summaries and other informational materials to inform responsible entities of the financial status of agency accounts structure system, methods and procedures as necessary to ensure proper accounting of agency financial affairs.
- Monitors budget and accounting operations including processing of transactions and data for proper controls and ensure efficient service.
- Introduces changes in operations, methods or procedures as necessary.
- Directs and oversees fraud investigations to make sure all program rules and regulations are followed when determining if a client or employee has committed an intentional program violation against any program.
- Directs and oversees the Medicaid Transportation Program and state and federal initiated tax refund intercepts for nonpayment of delinquent client overpayments or claims.
- Serves as a member of the Social Services management team; reviews and resolves internal issues; develops and implement strategic direction for the organization.
- Interviews, hires, trains, supervise and evaluate unit supervisors through individual meetings, management team meetings and annual performance evaluations.
- Provides technical assistance in accounting and budget administration to other counties and entities upon request.
- Performs other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Fills in for other staff as necessary and/or required.
- Attends meetings, classes and trainings as required or requested by supervisor.
- Solicits changes to improve procedures that would result in efficiencies, cost savings and safety.
- Communicates actively, clearly and regularly with supervisor and co-workers on all work-related topics.
- Understands, observes, enforces and complies with all Governmental, Pueblo County and Departmental policies, procedures and protocols when performing job duties.
- Possesses excellent oral and written skills to communicate effectively.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Pueblo County employees from same or different departments/offices, entities, vendors, members of the community and all customers.
- Ensures that employees observe all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injuries or damage.
- Schedules meetings with employees on regular basis to provide adequate information to ensure active communication at all levels.
- Effectively manages multiple projects at once.
- Effectively deals with stressful situations.
- Easily adapts to sudden and unexpected changes in work assignments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Methods of organizing and managing accounting and fiscal functions in a large agency.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including typewriters, computers, computer software, calculators, printers, copiers, scanners and facsimile machines.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and databases.
- Skill in organization, management, communication, and supervision.
- Ability to organize and direct accounting, budgeting and related fiscal management operation of a large agency.
- Government theory and practice of budgeting, accounting and auditing techniques and processes.
- Determines proper accounting treatment of different types of financial transactions.
- Monitors accounts for the purpose of ensuring that entries and reports are accurate and proper and to take appropriate actions to correct errors when necessary.
- Develops and implements financial systems and procedures.
- Supervises and mentors professional and support staff in a productive and positive manner.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration required.
Master's Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Minimum of four years of professional accounting experience that included responsibility for handling a variety of accounting operations, including three years in a supervisory capacity required.
Minimum of four years of experience in governmental accounting and finance preferred.
Licenses and/or Certificates:
Certified Public Accountant License (CPA) preferred.
Must successfully pass background check.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Occasionally (Less than 25% of the time)
Schedule -Work shift works, weekends, holidays and subject to on call duty.
Vehicles -Drives automobile and/or truck.
Frequently (25% to 50% of the time)
Climbing -Ascends or descends using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Stooping -Bends body downward and forward. Requiring use of lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling -Bends legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
Crouching -Bends body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
Handling- Seizes, holds, grasps, turns or otherwise works with hand(s).
Regularly (50% to 100 % of the time)
Strength -Lifts, carries, push, pulls or otherwise moves objects up to 25 pounds.
Strength -Sits with brief periods of walking and/or standing.
Reaching -Extends hand(s) and arms(s) in any directions.
Fingering -Picks, pinches, types or otherwise works primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Equipment Utilized -Office equipment such as computer, phone, fax, copiers, scanners, adding machine, etc.
Strength -Lifts, carries, push, pulls or otherwise move s objects from 25 to 50 pounds.
Strength -Lifts, carries, push, pulls or otherwise moves objects from 50 to 75 pounds.
Strength -Capability to overcome and restrain a combative or resistive subject.
Strength -Walks and/or stands with brief periods of sitting.
Exposure to Weather -Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather or non weather-related conditions.
Confined/Restricted Working Environment -Work is performed in closed or locked facility providing safety and security.
Hazards -Exposure to blood borne and airborne pathogens.
Hazards -Exposure to dust, fumes, gases or airborne particles.
Hazards -Exposure to hostile individuals or animals.
Work is subject to inflexible deadlines.