Medical Records Clerk Bmg Jobs Vacancy in Beacon Health System
Beacon Health System urgently required following position for Medical Records Clerk Bmg. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Medical Records Clerk Bmg Jobs Vacancy in Beacon Health System Jobs Details:
- Reports to the Practice Manager. In accordance with established policies and procedures, performs general office duties including filing and retrieving of medical records, organizing records, and utilizing computer for reference. Represents facility assigned in a highly positive manner and provides staff with all reasonable assistance.
MISSION & VISION
- Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
- Easy access and convenience
- Outstanding patient experiences
- Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
- Education and Experience
- The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of a high school diploma or equivalent. Previous general office experience preferred.
- Knowledge & Skills
1. Requires basic office skills such as filing, organization skills, and ability to use the computer as a reference tool and print computer reports.
2. Requires accurate keyboarding skills of 30 wpm.
3. Demonstrates good interpersonal and communication skills in order to deal in an effective manner with a variety of staff associates and utilize inquiring skills to find charts, ask questions, etc.
4. Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment with other clerical and clinical staff and with physicians.
- Working Conditions
0. Works in a medical office environment.
1. Flexible work hours.
- Physical Demands
- Requires the physical ability and stamina to perform the essential functions of the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
The below statements are intended to describe the essential job functions and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel occupying this position.
1. Performs general clerical and filing duties as follows:
- Maintains patient records and retrieving charts as requested for nurses, physicians, and other staff and filing same.
- Ensures the security of record file areas per BMG confidentiality policies.
- Assembles the records for new patients by ensuring that all pertinent data is entered prior to the patient’s appointment.
- Utilizes the computer to reference information pertinent to filing of records and reports. Printing the report from the computer for pulling of medical records by physician appointment list.
- Files ancillary reports and other chart reports daily in appropriate sections of patient records, verifying accuracy of patient name and number, and filing in the appropriate record.
- Answers the telephone and processing requests for specific patient information from staff and outside physician offices.
- Purges medical record files and relocating records to storage areas as required.
- Searches for and locating records as needed.
- Distributes incoming mail and sorting and metering outgoing mail as required.
- Scanning and indexing reports.
- Accurately identifies reports and assigns them to the appropriate person for review.
- Accesses Power Chart system to retrieve records for patients with upcoming appointments.
- Maintains competency and knowledge to ensure that testing done and procedures performed by providers are appropriately indexed and sent for review.
2. Performs other functions to maintain personal competence and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department by:
- Assisting with customers, including physicians, staff, patients, etc. with care, courtesy, and respect; consistently demonstrating commitment to services.
- Completing other job-related duties and projects as assigned.
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
- Patient/Customer Centered
- Anticipates and takes proactive steps to ensure customer’s needs are met
- Places courtesy and service above routine and goes beyond customer expectations
- Keeps patient/work environment neat and clean
- Understands and applies job-related aspects of patient safety and identifies, reports and corrects safety concerns as quickly as possible
- Keeps others well informed
- Practices active listening
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships
- Uses problem solving techniques to resolve issues and makes decisions within personal sphere of influence
- Seeks to understand patient's experience
- Demonstrates integrity and strong business ethics
- Utilizes time and resources in a prudent manner
- Strives to continually improve department processes and services
- Projects professional image through enthusiasm towards work, behavior and appearance
- Demonstrates Beacon values verbally and through actions
- Displays and exhibits caring behaviors with each interaction
- Demonstrates self-awareness and sensitivity to the perceptions of others
- Listens carefully to input and concerns and takes appropriate action
- Interacts with dissatisfied customers in a calm, respectful manner and seeks resolutions
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Fosters a sense of trust and collaboration among associates
- Verbal and written communications are clear and effective
- Responds to change in a positive manner
- Associate complies with the following organizational requirements:
- Attends and participates in department meetings and is accountable for all information shared.
- Completes mandatory education, annual competencies and department specific education within established timeframes.
- Completes annual employee health requirements within established timeframes.
- Maintains license/certification, registration in good standing throughout fiscal year.
- Direct patient care providers are required to maintain current BCLS (CPR) and other certifications as required by position/department.
- Consistently utilizes appropriate universal precautions, protective equipment, and ergonomic techniques to protect patient and self.
- Adheres to regulatory agency requirements, survey process and compliance.
- Complies with established organization and department policies.
- Available to work overtime in addition to working additional or other shifts and schedules when required.