Weekends Only Part Time Work From Home Snf Healthcare Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Regal Medical Group Northridge
- Weekends Only Part Time Work From Home Snf Healthcare Coordinator
- Regal Medical Group
- Northridge CA
- 18 Jun, 2018 30+ days ago
Regal Medical Group Northridge urgently required following position for Weekends Only Part Time Work From Home Snf Healthcare Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Weekends Only Part Time Work From Home Snf Healthcare Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Regal Medical Group Northridge Jobs Details:
As one of the fastest growing Independent Physician Associations in Southern California, Regal Medical Group, Lakeside Community Healthcare & Affiliated Doctors of Orange County, offers a fast-paced, exciting, welcoming and supportive work environment. Opportunities abound, and enterprising, capable, focused people prosper with us. We promote teamwork, nurture learning, and encourage advancement for all of our employees. We want to see you excel, because we believe that your success is our success.
This is an AFTERHOURS - WORK FROM HOME position. Weekends Only
The SNF Placement Team (SPT) Coordinator performs triage functions by providing support and guidance, to SNF Placement Team Case Manager by assisting with transferring patients from Acute setting to SNF, Sub-acute, Congregate Livings and/or Recuperative Care Centers. Demonstrates self-direction in establishing priorities and working with routine supervision. Working collaboratively with After Hours SPT Case Manager and After Hours Team after business hours and weekends. Maintains high level of precision in judgment, accuracy of assessment, and skill in problem solving under stress. Relates and communicates well over the telephone to all callers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Facilitates transition of members from Acute setting to Skilled Nursing Facilities, Sub-Acute Facilities, Congregate Livings and Recuperative Care Centers.
- Communicate with After Hours Inpatient team and SNF Placement Team Case Manager
- Clerical duties include faxing placement referral requests to Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Receives, triages, and responds to telephone calls from facilities requiring medical and nursing inquiries
- Assesses patient problems utilizing approved MCG guidelines, directing access to care to include Skilled Nursing Facilities, Sub-acute Facilities, Congregate Livings and Recuperative Care Centers
- Follows established clinical protocols/guidelines
- Directs patient to appropriate levels of care based on assessment within the established guidelines.
- Communicates to After Hours Management and escalate issues as necessary
- Facilitates authorizations for vendors and/or outside services as appropriate.
- Obtain LOA for non-contracted facilities as needed
- Documents all calls according to established standards in REA/LEA
- Documents all SNF inquiries and member disposition in the SNF Placement Team log daily
- Participates in quality monitoring process by daily verbal endorsement between SNF Placement Team business hours and After Hours Team
- Translates oral information into concise and accurate written documentation using standard medical guidelines and abbreviations.
- Shift summary to be sent to the Director, Manager and Lead of SNF Department
- Recognizes financial, medical and legal risks based on data collected during customer interactions and follows appropriate procedures.
- Demonstrates customer service-oriented behavior at all times.
- Acts as a mentor as requested by supervisor.
- Expedites emergency calls as needed.
- Participates in regular staff meetings as scheduled.
- Uses, protects, and discloses patients' protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct
- Must be available to work Weekends and Holidays and flexible with all shifts.
- Must be available to complete a minimum of 6 weeks training in our Corporate Office in Northridge, CA.
This is a remote position (Work from home). Weekends only. Must have the ability to set up a home office. Equipment will be provided.
Employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA City Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.