Human Resources Analyst Bilingual Recruitment And Examination Jobs Vacancy in Prince George County Largo
- Human Resources Analyst Bilingual Recruitment And Examination
- Prince George County
- Largo MD
- 15 May, 2018 7 days ago
Prince George County Largo urgently required following position for Human Resources Analyst Bilingual Recruitment And Examination. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Human Resources Analyst Bilingual Recruitment And Examination Jobs Vacancy in Prince George County Largo Jobs Details:
The Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM) is currently seeking a highly qualified individuals to fill a vacant Human Resources Analyst I/II (Bilingual Recruitment and Examination Analyst) position, grade G-18/21, within the Recruitment, Examination and Classification (REC) Division.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. In the course of required advising or counseling employees or outside applicants, an employee on a limited basis may encounter aggressive or unpredictable behavior. At times, the incumbent may be required to travel long distances to recruit potential applicants. Long periods of standing at job fairs or other human resources events may be required. During extended periods, each year, employees are required to work outside of the normal work schedule.
The incumbent in this position must be available to work on evenings or weekends to participate in job fairs and/or public safety test administration. This position is deemed "Essential" for the limited purpose of providing office coverage during inclement weather or other hazardous working conditions that leads to the County Executive or his/her designee's authorization of liberal leave. The incumbent in this position will be assigned by Management, on a rotational basis, to report to work during liberal leave.
Recruitment and Examination involves development and implementation of recruitment strategies, examination development and administration, and analysis of applicant qualifications in support of the County Government's hiring and promotional processes.
The selected incumbent will be expected to conduct the following:
- Assists in the performance of professional recruitment and examination work in the preparation of examinations, construction of test items, review of applications, rating of education and experience, establishment of eligible lists, and development and interpretation of data.
- Assists in developing strategies, methods and initiatives necessary to recruit, select, hire and retain applicants to fill County positions.
- Reviews applicants' qualifications to determine if minimum qualification requirements are met.
- Provides information to managers concerning various employment-related procedures, including recruitment, examination, transfer, promotion and demotion.
- Responds to applicant inquiries both orally and in writing.
- Provides employment information to potential applicants by telephone or in person.
- Maintains contacts within the community and may travel considerably, often to job fairs and college campuses, to search for promising job applicants.
- Communicates with limited English speaking residents concerning various employment opportunities.
- Assist with the development of the County's recruitment and retention plan.
- Recruits applicants for public safety agencies and other County positions in conjunction with approved recruiting plans and initiatives.
- Recruits applicants at a variety of venues, including job fairs, community-based activities, and media campaigns in accordance with approved recruitment goals and objectives, human resources management principles and techniques and established policies and procedures.
- Utilizes professionally recognized research and analysis techniques in order to draft or recommend modifications to current human resources recruitment, examination and classification policies and procedures.
- Utilizes and maintains social media platforms for recruitment activities.
- Participates in public safety promotional examination activities, including registration verification, and monitoring public safety oral board assessment panels.
- Utilizes the SAP and NEOGOV web-based applicant on-line tracking systems.
- Assist with job analysis and job evaluation projects and assignments to meet various human resources objectives related to classification, pay, employee recruiting, and selection and retention.
- May arrange for pre-employment physical examinations.
- Will be required to use automated equipment in conjunction with assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Willingly and cooperatively performs tasks and duties which may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but which are within the general occupational category and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's class of work.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the Human Resources/Personnel Management, Organizational Development, Business/Public Management, Psychology, or closely related field; or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Each applicant must include information that clearly demonstrates the above qualifications for this position.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of professional work experience performing recruitment and examination functions in a human resources environment.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply who are bilingual in speaking, reading and writing in English and Spanish;
- Are self-motivated individuals with outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Have high quality customer service skills to represent the County favorably;
- Have the ability to work as a team to fulfill the mission of the Recruitment Examination and Classification Division and work independently;
- Have experience in establishing and maintaining effective and confidential relationships;
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of Windows-based computer applications;
- experience preparing comprehensive reports; and
- Demonstrate active listening, comprehension of information, and use of logic and reasoning.
DURATION OF ELIGIBILITY: Candidates will be selected from a temporary register of eligibles which will become effective approximately four (4) weeks after the closing date. Once a selection has been made, the register will expire.
ELIGIBILITY TO WORK: Under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, an employer is required to hire only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. Applicants who are selected for employment will be required to show and verify authorization to work in the United States.
CLOSING DATE: Applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on May 29, 2018.