Entry Level Engineering Technician Jobs Vacancy in Ijus Llc Charlotte
Ijus Llc Charlotte urgently required following position for Entry Level Engineering Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Entry Level Engineering Technician Jobs Vacancy in Ijus Llc Charlotte Jobs Details:
Job Summary: Position is within the utility industry, primarily electric utilities. Responsible for collecting field data, entry and analysis of the data, determining remediation requirements, and coordinating the construction of the modifications to electrical and telecommunication systems. Devise new approaches to problems and prepare and modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and company standards. Duties will require outdoor activities walking in rural and urban settings.
- Broad knowledge of engineering disciplines, including design and constructability as applied to construction methods, materials, and the economics involved.
- Ability to operate field computing technology, laser rangefinders, and GPS receivers to assess and analyze various attachments and assets to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and Local codes, NESC standards and client requirements.
- Must accurately perform fieldwork, properly identify data, effectively prioritize workload, and meet assigned production levels in a fast paced environment; strong work ethic.
- Ability to compare, contrast and quality check own work and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to collect, input, organize and maintain data on utility structures; generates various status reports.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, coordinate assigned projects and provides solutions to a variety of problems of minimal scope and complexity with moderate guidance from senior staff
- Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective interpersonal and customer communication skills on projects – oral and written.
- Ability to perform effectively in unsupervised situations as well as a team-oriented environment.
- Should be proficient with computer software programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), plus spreadsheets, database and reporting tool skillsets.
- Performs related duties as directed.
The work environment characteristics described here and the resulting physical qualifications required are representative of those an employee must expect and be prepared for while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Job tasks are commonly performed both indoors and outdoors, in variable and sometimes inclement weather conditions.
- Prolonged walking (2-3 miles per day) and standing in all types of environments from residential neighborhoods to rural wooded areas.
- Able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; climb stairs or ladders.
- Regularly carry approximately 15lbs. of equipment with the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment varies with location.
- Travel (long days and overnight stays) will be expected on some projects.
- High School Diploma, Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred, plus 1 year related experience; or 2-3 years related experience plus relevant technical training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Background screening including previous employment, education, criminal history, and driving record verification.
- Valid unrestricted Driver’s License is required and an insured, operational vehicle.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
IJUS is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- field: 1 year