Registered Nurse Jobs Vacancy in Second Family Inc Landover
Second Family Inc Landover urgently required following position for Registered Nurse. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Registered Nurse Jobs Vacancy in Second Family Inc Landover Jobs Details:
Second Family, Inc . is an organization that is dedicated serving Children and Adults who are medically fragile. We work hard to establish a family-like atmosphere for our clients with 24-hour nursing staff, educational, recreational, and social activities. Our goal is to give them a living healthy lifestyle for years to come. Second Family, Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for a Registered Nurse with experience to contribute to the success and growth of our company.
If you're passionate about making a difference in the lives of those who are medically fragile, takes great pride in your work, and values working in a team-oriented environment, we would like to talk to you about our employment opportunities. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Executive Director and President with the overall supervision of the Medically Fragile Program, facilities maintenance and overall running of the house. There will be some supervision required to ensure clients health, safety and welfare.
- Responsible for assessment and evaluation of clients when discharged from the hospital.
- Responsible for assisting with nursing assessments and care plan for all clients upon initial admission to Second Family, Inc. and an ongoing annual review and update.
- Responsible for completion of 45-day review with assistance of LPN data collection.
- Responsible for on-call duties for assigned site. An RN on-call schedule is posted monthly.
- Responsible for on call duties once a month for all Second Family, Inc. facilities.
- Develop, coordinate and monitor all activities of the house.
- Supervise all staff including evaluations, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Responsible for overseeing medication administration.
- Responsible for supervision and delegation of duties to LPNs and CNAs to ensure that the following assignments are accomplished:
- Maintenance of all supplies needed for house.
- Shopping for foods as appropriate.
- Ensure clients are engaged in fun activities that promote learning and play therapy as appropriate.
- Laundering clothes.
- Attend IFSP meetings for all clients in home or assign to House Manager.
- Coordinate and follow-up clinic appointments for clients.
- Communicate with schools. If a client is unable to attend school due to an appointment, sick or hospitalization, notify school in a timely fashion of child's absence, cancel the scheduled nurse.
- Implementation of IEP and Behavior Management Program.
- Responsible for substitution of staff as needed.
- Meet regularly with the Executive Director, Assistant Director and other administrative staff to ensure delivery of services to clients.
- Provide leadership to meet the goals set forth by the Board of Directors and Executive Director.
- Report all medical concerns to the Pediatric Medical Specialist (Betty Rainsford) or President (Shilda Frost).
- Notify Executive Director two weeks in advance (i.e., vacation) for all leave request and doctors appointments as you become aware of them.
- Fill in for nurse if not available for shift as needed.
- Communicate with Human Resources Director for employee file updates.
- Has knowledge of and follows all current policies and procedures of Second Family, Inc.
- Follow all legal requirements in implementing duties according to policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned by Executive Director or President.
Education and Training
- Minimum AA Degree with two years clinical and supervisory experience.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and supporting clients.
- Incumbent may be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients and specimens in working environment.
- Incumbent will be required to work at any facility owned by Second Family, Inc. and be responsible for own transportation.
- Incumbent will be scheduled based on operational need (standard-shift, rotating shift, standby, on-call).
Knowledge and Abilities
- Possess knowledge and ability to do client intake requiring both assessment of client history concerning both short and long-term needs;
- Possess knowledge and ability to implement case management principles;
- Possess knowledge of community resources;
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills;
- Maintain working knowledge of and adherence to all company policies and procedures;
- Maintain client and company confidentiality;
- Participate as a team member in a rapidly changing behavioral health care setting.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- clinical and supervisory: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Registered Nurse (RN)