Head Worldwide Business Development Consumer Packaged Goods Jobs Vacancy in Amazon Com Seattle
- Head Worldwide Business Development Consumer Packaged Goods
- Amazon Com
- Seattle WA
- 14 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
Amazon Com Seattle urgently required following position for Head Worldwide Business Development Consumer Packaged Goods. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Head Worldwide Business Development Consumer Packaged Goods Jobs Vacancy in Amazon Com Seattle Jobs Details:
Head, Worldwide Business Development - Consumer Packaged Goods
Amazon Web Services
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and business development skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the industry? The CPG industry is under pressure to improve consumer experience, grow revenue, and protect margins. Increasingly CPS companies are looking to the Cloud to modernize operations and improve resilience. AWS is looking for a world-wide Business Development leader who understands business trends impacting the industry, and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the sector globally for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions, cloud enable the technology ecosystem supporting the CPG industry, and address changing industry needs.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with key industry customers, engaging strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events, leading the process to enable industry solutions, and create significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS sales teams selling to industry accounts to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry, including partner based solutions, etc. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by the CPG industry customers.
The ideal candidate will have a business development or consulting background, experience working with CPG customers at the CxO/VP level, with a good understanding of legacy and emerging technologies in the CPG industry. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy for the CPG industry.
- Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
- Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
- Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for the CPG industry.
- Understand the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- 7-10 years of business development, consulting, product management, or solutions development experience in or selling to global, national, or regional CPG companies.
- The right person will be analytical and data-driven, and demonstrate balanced strategy and planning, and execution skills.
- 7-10 years of experience with demand, production and supply chain processes in the CPG industry.
- 7-10 years of experience of key issues in Manufacturing, Warehouse Management and Logistics.
- 7-10 years of relevant domain knowledge of systems and applications and technology provider landscape in the CPG industry with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Education: technical background with Computer Science/Engineering/Math is a plus
- Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, and lead through influence.
- Working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking / database systems / core distributed computing concepts / fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization / storage systems / Analytics / emerging paradigms like IoT, Machine Learning, etc. is highly desired.