Gis Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Dept Environment Protection New York
Dept Environment Protection New York urgently required following position for Gis Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Gis Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Dept Environment Protection New York Jobs Details:
The New York City Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) protects public health and the environment by supplying clean drinking water, collecting and treating wastewater, and reducing air, noise, and hazardous materials pollution. DEP is the largest combined municipal water and wastewater utility in the country, with nearly 6,000 employees. We deliver 1.1 billion gallons of high quality drinking water per day to 8.5 million New York City residents and more than 1 million people in Upstate New York, and we collect and treat an average of 1.3 billion gallons of wastewater per day.
New York City has approximately 140,000 catch basins, 114,000 hydrants, 90,000 valves, 14 gatehouses, 3 reservoirs, 68 groundwater wells, a 100 million gallon underground storage tank and 7,000 miles each of both sanitary sewers and water mains. The responsibility of maintaining these vast networks falls under the Department of Environmental Protection?s Bureau of Water and Sewer Operations (BWSO).
The Bureau of Water and Sewer Operations seeks a highly motivated individual who shares an interest in environmental research and planning, having experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), spatial analysis, model building and cartography.
This position?s main responsibilities will include:
- Performing environmental research by way of advanced GIS data analysis for water, storm/wastewater management and planning;
- Geodatabase/model design development and programming;
- Creation of high quality custom maps, reports and presentations;
- Research/investigate, collect, analyze and summarize quantitative/qualitative information to support capital infrastructure programs;
- Codes programming instructions associated with the implementation of all GIS / MIS systems related development, enhancements and tools in support of Bureau business processes, advanced analyses and model building;
- Assists with the development of new or improved technical workflow procedures, automated systems and tools, quality assurance and GIS infrastructure data validation.
This position will be part of a highly dynamic team working on a range of complex tasks simultaneously.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. For Assignment Level I (only physical, biological and environmental sciences and public health) A master's degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological or environmental science or in public health.
To be appointed to Assignment Level II and above, candidates must have:
1. A doctorate degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and one year of full-time experience in a responsible supervisory, administrative or research capacity in the appropriate field of specialization; or
2. A master's degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and three years of responsible full-time research experience in the appropriate field of specialization; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least a master's degree in an appropriate field of specialization and at least two years of experience described in "2" above. Two years as a City Research Scientist Level I can be substituted for the experience required in "1" and "2" above.
Appointments to this position are subject to a minimum probationary period of one year.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS 10.x application suite, extensions and add-ons (ArcHydro preferred), and stormwater management concepts are highly desired.
- Experience with Database Platforms: ArcSDE, MS SQL, MS Access.
- Programming Experience: SQL, Python, Java.
- Excellent analytic, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
Appointments are subject to OMB approval.
For additional information about DEP, visit www.nyc.gov/dep
DEP is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the diversity of our organization and workforce. Your voluntary response to the NYCAPS on-line application section for referral information will assist us tremendously in our ability to track the success of our outreach and recruitment efforts. Please be sure to indicate your source of referral to this job.
Click the "Apply Now" button.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.