Weapons Aircraft Jobs Vacancy in Trax Test Services Yuma Proving Ground
Trax Test Services Yuma Proving Ground urgently required following position for Weapons Aircraft. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Weapons Aircraft Jobs Vacancy in Trax Test Services Yuma Proving Ground Jobs Details:
Perform a variety of apprentice level, supervised tasks associated with the preparation and operation of fielded and prototype aviation weapons systems, including aircraft integrated and ground fired systems, both domestic and foreign. Work pertains to electrical, electronic, and/or mechanical components or equipment in support of engineers working in such areas as research, design, developmental, testing or manufacturing processes. Duties include test site set-up of weapons, weapon firing systems, and support equipment; emplacement of weapons on correct azimuth or Lines-Of-Fire (LOF); and setting weapons on correct quadrant elevation using the M1A1 Gunner Quadrant. Must ensure all electrical connections are correct, then perform electrical system and stray voltage checks on the systems in accordance with all applicable TM’s, contractor and government SOPs, and all applicable policies and procedures. Duties include handling and preparation of munitions at test sites and other designated locations, as needed. Must follow technical manuals; test specific SOPs; Letters of Instruction (LOI); and other applicable guidance. Duties require application of technical and mechanical knowledge to operate and perform routine and preventative maintenance on various electronic ballistics-measuring devices and their associated equipment as well as assigned weapon systems. Duties also include teardown and transportation throughout both Kofa & Cibola Ranges. Perform other duties as assigned.
Pay Rate: $17.73 - $20.65/hour, DOE
Shifts/Hours: Vary by mission requirements.
• Must be a US citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain an Ammunition, Arms, and Explosives clearance.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed – sometimes on short notice – to support test missions.
• Must be able to use common hand tools and power tools.
• Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair non-complex electrical firing circuits.
• Must possess skill and experience with fostering teamwork/training/mentorship in a dynamic environment.
• Must possess and exhibit strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must have basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office programs.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be proactive and maintain a positive attitude.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow company policy as well as instructions.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Must have experience in forklift, vehicle, and equipment operations.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical.
• Must be able to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear, and see.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of frequent bending, squatting, crouching, kneeling, standing, climbing, and stooping, sometimes for long periods.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must be able to ascend and descend equipment and weapon systems.
• Must be tolerant of frequent weapons system firings.
• Must be capable of lifting and transporting 110 lbs unassisted over uneven ground for 50 feet.
• Must not have a color vision deficiency.
• AA Degree or Graduating Certificate/Diploma from an Electronics Technical Institute or 6 years directly related experience.
• Military training and 4 years related experience in operations, maintenance and testing of ballistic measuring devices or related electronic field.
• Military experience in the MOS of 15Y or 15 J (Army) or 6451 (Marines).
• Ability to pass a hands-on test with the M1A1 Gunners Quadrant.
• Experience operating laser systems such as target designators
• Ability to obtain a class “C” or higher Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a HAZ-MAT endorsement within 90 days of hire.
• Knowledge of electrical/mechanical systems.
• Ability to read electrical/mechanical schematics.
• Experience transporting, emplacing, and aligning mobile weapon systems.
• Experience safely handling NATO and foreign munition for firing.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Other Job Information (if applicable)
• TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
• TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
• TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• TRAX Test Services also encompasses four subcontracts to include: VETS, WESTECH, SPIRAL and MIRATEK. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the four subcontracts.