Engineering Manager Jobs Vacancy in Ubs Weehawken
Ubs Weehawken urgently required following position for Engineering Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineering Manager Jobs Vacancy in Ubs Weehawken Jobs Details:
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We're looking for some like that to help us:
- own your solutions from product to production. Be educated and opinionated about product requirements and direction and authoritative on the architecture of your services.
- problem-solving skills and mature decision making. You get in, understand the problems and are able to help craft the solutions. You know how to make the tradeoffs and how to explain them.
- establish collaborative and productive relationships with product management, governance, UX design, vendors and other supporting teams.
- foster an environment of engineering excellence and innovation. Insist on designing to the edge.
- be hands on. Earn the technical respect of the team. Jump in to code complex and high impact issues. Be a technical mentor for the team.
- be the scrum master for your team. Own planning, standups, demos, retrospectives and the execution of your sprints.
- keep technical debt in check. Standardize the process for collecting compromises and tradeoffs and ensure appropriate prioritization and resolution.
- ensure teams are building using modern practices and tools. Recognize and act of your responsibility for driving change for the entire development community.
- cultivate operational excellence within your teams. Understand SLAs and how your systems are performing in relation to them. Ensure your systems self-report breaches and understand root cause. Insist that your teams provide timely resolution of identified production defects.
- mentor and grow your people. Create an environment of individual accountability. People grow to meet expectations. Yours should be high.
- Bachelor's degree in either Science, Information Technology, Mathematics
- 3 – 5 years of people management experience, leading technical professionals (software developers, development managers, and/or technical program managers)
- proven experience in project management of multiple initiatives with competing priority and disparate resourcing
- hands on experience with agile software development methodologies
- demonstrable 8+ years of solid experience in Java, J2EE in a large enterprise environment.
- mobile development experience in iOS, Android and HTML technologies.
- have 3+ years of hands on experience with web services, micro services.
- strong analytical, problem solving, debugging skills.
- good verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- strong knowledge of java, application web services (rest or soap), spring frame work, spring boot is a must
- strong knowledge of IT infrastructure such as proxy / web seal / caching / DB is a must
- Tomcat and Webshpere application server knowledge is a must.
- able to operate successfully in a matrix environment
- proactive and detail-oriented, yet comfortable working in a dynamic environment with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
- highly motivated, able to work independently and apply own initiative
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.