Assistant Director Reimbursement And Billing Manager Jobs Vacancy in Horizon Behavioral Health Lynchburg
- Assistant Director Reimbursement And Billing Manager
- Horizon Behavioral Health
- Lynchburg VA
- 11 Jan, 2017 9 days ago
Horizon Behavioral Health Lynchburg urgently required following position for Assistant Director Reimbursement And Billing Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Director Reimbursement And Billing Manager Jobs Vacancy in Horizon Behavioral Health Lynchburg Jobs Details:
Assistant Director of Reimbursement and Billing Manager
Horizon Behavioral Health has been the premier behavioral healthcare provider in Central Virginia for more than 46 years. In the last year, Horizon provided clinical services to more than 15,000 adults, children and families addressing problems with mental health, substance use and intellectual disabilities. Horizon has been voted Best of 2016 Reader's Choice for Best Counseling Service in Lynchburg Living Magazine!
The Assistant Director of Reimbursement and Billing Manager reports to the Director of Reimbursement. The function of the position is to support and enhance the reconcilement, accounts receivable, payment posting areas, oversees authorizations, client inquiries, debt set-off procedures, and reimbursement management system for the Reimbursement department of Horizon.
Assistant Director of Reimbursement and Billing Manager Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Working knowledge of billing policy and procedures: social services, courts, hospitals, insurance carriers and referring agencies.
• Up-to-date with health information technologies and applications.
• Thorough understanding of medical billing, collections and payment posting, revenue cycle, third party payers, Medicare; strong knowledge of Virginia and Federal payer regulations.
• Working knowledge of CPT and ICD10 codes, HCFA 1500, UB04 claim forms, HIPAA, billing and insurance regulations, medical terminology, insurance benefits and appeal processes.
• Sufficient knowledge of policies and procedures to accurately answer questions from internal and external customers.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations, and the public.
• Detail oriented and tolerant of frequent interruptions and distractions from patients and staff.
• Effectively communicate with physicians, patients, insurers, colleagues and staff. Ability to communicate effectively in writing, over the telephone, and in person.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments to meet practice timelines.
• Ability to deal in an organized manner with problems involving multiple variables within the scope of the position.
• Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant; make prompt and accurate judgments regarding AR, billing and other office duties.
• Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems, correct errors, and to develop processes that eliminate redundancy.
• Ability to conceptualize work flow, develop plans, and implement appropriate actions.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Detailed oriented, preferably with accounting background.
• Experience with improving process efficiencies.
• Knowledge of audit procedures.
Assistant Director of Reimbursement and Billing Manager Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Management, or related field required. Five years of diverse and progressive work related experience in medical insurance billing and collections in a healthcare or behavioral health setting required. Two years of supervisory or management experience in medical billing required. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Horizon Behavioral Health offers competitive salary and benefits.