Maintenance And Engineering Manager Human Resources Jobs Vacancy in Alaska Airlines Seattle
- Maintenance And Engineering Manager Human Resources
- Alaska Airlines
- Seattle WA
- 15 May, 2018 7 days ago
Alaska Airlines Seattle urgently required following position for Maintenance And Engineering Manager Human Resources. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Maintenance And Engineering Manager Human Resources Jobs Vacancy in Alaska Airlines Seattle Jobs Details:
## REPORTS TO
General Manager Business Partner Teams
## ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 115 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE: ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
## POSITION INFORMATION
Are you an experienced and strategic leader looking to apply your proven people and process skills to complex human capital challenges? If so, we have a role that might be the right fit for you. We are seeking a high energy, transformative leader to join our team at Alaska Airlines.
The HR Manager provides consultation and leadership on human resources strategy, programs, and services to support and sustain a high performance culture. This position leads the engagement survey process, facilitates organizational design and change management, drives leadership development, and coaches leaders to optimize their people practices.
Scope & Complexity
The position leads a team of HR Business Partners and Generalists supporting Alaska Airlines.
- Builds, inspires and leads a team, programs, and scalable processes which result in an effective approach to the company's human capital needs and a high performance culture.
- Exhibits a high business acumen that allows you to quickly develop strong relationships with senior leaders so that you can effectively influence and collaborate to meet organizational goals.
- Consults and strategically advises on Organizational Performance, Organizational Design, Employee Engagement and Change Management. Builds project and communication plans that will successfully achieve objectives.
- Leads, develops and engages a team of business partners to drive high performance and to deliver high-value service to our customers.
- Guides team on a day-to-day basis but also ensures the activities are supporting the divisional strategy and business goals. Drives actions and implements plans to support business initiatives.
- Advocates for engagement strategies and teams with division leaders to develop action planning that is effective and sustainable.
- Advises on performance strategies including onboarding, succession planning, talent reviews and performance management.
- Communicates HR initiatives and serves as a liaison between partner group and HR functional areas regarding service delivery. Proactively maintains an open line of communication with managers and employees on HR service-related issues.
- Delegates HR support as needed, such as compensation and job analysis, recruiting, and employee relations, etc.
- Leads team to resolve employee relation issues, investigations and EEOC claims while mitigating risk for the company.
- Assess and diagnoses root cause of people-related challenges.
- Works closely with their General HR Manager to develop and grow their capability.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant HR experience that includes Business Partner or Organizational Development experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of leadership experience.
- Proven experience with leading strategic HR functions such as organizational design and effectiveness, change management, succession planning and employee engagement.
- Deep experience designing and managing complex processes, as well as managing projects.
- Innovative, apolitical, resilient, fact-based, and a creative solutions-focused mindset, with ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing and collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to manage conflict.
- Proven ability to leverage business acumen and analytic capability to position HR organizations as change agents and key business partners.
- Deep knowledge of performance management, employment and legal practices, compensation and total rewards.
- Consults and advises senior leaders to drive a high performance and highly engaged culture.
- Leads and develops team of HR Business Partners and Generalists to solve complex people and business issues.
- Able to quickly build relationships and influence leaders to achieve more successful outcomes.
- Able to travel for business, often on short notice.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, or equivalent work experience with AAG.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM, CP or SHRM-SCP professional certification.
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Strong communication (e.g., verbal, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to create collaborative relationships that drive outcomes in the best interest of the company, with others in the organization, and with key external business partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to create collaborative relationships that drive outcomes in the best interest of the company, with others in the organization, and key external business partners.
- Inspirational leader who will promote the Alaska values, act with a high sense of urgency, and have unquestionable integrity.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
## OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
## POSTING INFORMATION
Please apply on or before: 3/19/18
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.
- Job ID: * 31678
- Location: * Seattle, WA
- Regular/Temporary: * Regular