Buyer Senior Jobs Vacancy in Alliant Energy Madison
Alliant Energy Madison urgently required following position for Buyer Senior. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Buyer Senior Jobs Vacancy in Alliant Energy Madison Jobs Details:
Are you an experienced procurement professional looking for a new opportunity with a stable, customer-oriented company? If you enjoy challenges and are a self-starter with a strong track record of success, we invite you to consider Alliant Energy!
What sets us apart?
- Outstanding pay and benefits
- A commitment to career growth and development
- A culture that embraces our core values of safety, respect, service and responsibility.
Alliant Energy is currently seeking a talented and experienced Buyer to work in the Information Technology area for the Supply Chain Support Services Group. This position will be located in the Madison General Office with some travel required (~10%).
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating and managing the purchase of IT related products and services to meet internal customer requirements. You will be responsible for assuring the lowest total cost supply base and sourcing competitiveness through the procurement process. In addition to evaluating cost, this position will also focus on minimizing risk, ensuring internal process and policy is adhered to and will manage the company's key contracts for IT services. Additionally, this position assists with the development and implementation of strategic, operational and tactical sourcing to achieve desired performance levels and support end user requirements.
- This position may be filled at a Buyer or Senior Buyer level depending on candidates experience.
- Applications will be accepted until a qualified pool of candidates is received.
How to Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online and upload your resume at www.alliantenergy.com/careers
- Responsible for assisting internal end users in the development of commodity specifications and statements of work including proper supplier performance metrics. Develop lists of potential suppliers, issue requests for information (RFI) and requests for proposals (RFP). Evaluate RFIs and RFPs, negotiates final agreements, awards agreements, and leads the completion of General and other Company Agreements.
- Subject matter expert (SME) in technology strategic sourcing and contract negotiations for Software, Hardware, Telecom and services. Responsible for monitoring suppliers and third‐party providers. Responsible for on‐going administration of new and existing Agreements and supplier relationships. Consults with procurement and legal departments, as appropriate, to ensure Agreements and purchase orders minimize company risk and liability.
- Works with internal end users to develop budget estimates by providing order of magnitude pricing from suppliers or market data. Responsible for investigating potential purchase and supply base management leverage opportunities.
- Experience negotiating with suppliers to improve pricing, product quality and delivery times.
- Perform and support strategic sourcing efforts. Advise customer on best practice procurement in IT.
- Promotes and supports company‐wide sourcing guidelines, policies, procedures and practices.
- Identifies information system enhancements necessary to achieve desired performance and works with appropriate internal personnel to prioritize and implement enhancements. Develop maintain and monitor supplier score cards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Buyer: This position requires a four year degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in procurement, materials management, logistics, business administration, economics, accounting, or related area and three years of related experience. In absence of a degree seven years of related experience is required. Certified Purchasing Manager or Certified in Production and Inventory Management designation preferred.
- Senior Buyer: This position requires a four year degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in purchasing, materials management, computer science, business administration, liberal arts, economics, accounting, engineering, or related area, and five years of related experience. In absence of a degree nine years of related experience is required. Masters of Business Administration and/or C.P.M or CPIM is preferred. Green Belt or Black Belt designation is desirable.
- Knowledge of the technical and practical aspects of IT procurement, including contractual development, negotiation procedures, expediting, and use of technology.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including procurement negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and utilize materials, services, and equipment specifications and apply skills to implement competitive procurement initiatives such as cost analysis and estimating.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., e‐mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management) preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency of automated procurement, contract management, supplier relationship management, and analytics technology; proficiency in PeopleSoft supply chain systems preferred.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
- NOTE: All candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this challenging opportunity, please complete our online application at www.alliantenergy.com/careers.