Patient Eligibility And Enrollment Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Community Health Center Snohomish County Everett
Community Health Center Snohomish County Everett urgently required following position for Patient Eligibility And Enrollment Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Patient Eligibility And Enrollment Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Community Health Center Snohomish County Everett Jobs Details:
The Patient Eligibility and Enrollment Specialist reaches out to uninsured persons receiving care at CHC and those living in the local service area and establishes linkages to CHC clinics and health insurance. This position will work to provide outreach opportunities for community residents who lack access to healthcare and health insurance and provide patient related services regarding enrollment and eligibility for various payers; assists patients in completing applications on-line and qualifying for sliding fee discounts. Coordinates with outside caseworkers to enable qualified clients to enroll in Medicaid services or other appropriate public health programs and services.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
- Independent and self-directed.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
- Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
- Produces work in high quantity and quality.
- Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency situations.
- Use of multi-line telephones and other office machines.
- Knowledge of medical or dental terminology.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Possess ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Bilingual skills.
- Knowledge of the health and human services infrastructure, health insurance programs and public coverage options.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Associates degree in healthcare related field, or in lieu of degree, a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
- Customer service related experience working with the general public (1 year).
- Working with insurance/billing in a health care setting/insurance organization.
- Health care information systems, such as electronic health record and practice management systems experience.
- Working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
- Working with private and/or government third party reimbursement.
- ICD-10 coding experience.
- CPT-4 coding experience.
- CDT-5 coding experience.
1. Be the subject matter expert for staff on all aspects of the insurance programs and the sliding fee discount program.
2. Verify insurance coverage for future scheduled appointments using practice management system appointment reports.
3. Provide enrollment assistance for uninsured patients to access subsidized, low-cost and free health insurance programs through the health insurance marketplace (Washington Healthplan Finder) and Washington Apple Health.
4. Assist patients in completing and processing applications and qualifying for sliding fee discount program.
5. Assist patients in completing coverage applications, gathering required documentation and solving issues that may arise during the enrollment process.
6. Follow up on outstanding sliding fee applications and enters tracking data into sliding fee database.
7. Provide structured patient education on health coverage, engage in follow up conversations and offer renewal assistance for enrolled individuals.
8. Coordinate with Community Health Workers to enable qualified clients to enroll in Medicaid services or other appropriate public health programs and services.
9. Maintain Breast and Cervical Health Database, works with Provider to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed and verifies patient eligibility.
10. Research patient questions regarding accounts/statements and initiates appropriate adjustments with the assistance from the Billing Department
11. Assist and educate patients as new insurance options come available, identifying the affordable coverage that best meets their needs.
12. Assists in the distribution of outreach materials to patients, community members, partner organizations and businesses to build insurance coverage option awareness.
13. Attend and successfully complete all required training programs; participate in ongoing conference calls, webinars and other professional development opportunities.
14. Adhere to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.