Patient Care Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Homelink Waterloo
Homelink Waterloo urgently required following position for Patient Care Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Patient Care Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Homelink Waterloo Jobs Details:
As a Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) with VGM Homelink one will be responsible for the verification of insurance coverage and the coordination of delivery for a full spectrum of durable medical equipment, orthotics and prosthetics, medical supplies and home care services. In this role individuals will be working with healthcare professionals, DMEPOS providers and insurance companies all while ensuring patients receive the highest standard of care. Commitment to in-depth knowledge of our insurance carrier contracts and expectations, as well as high-quality standards and timeliness are crucial to success in this role. This position is fast-paced and ever changing; individuals with high energy and passion for exceeding expectations are encouraged to apply.
The Patient Care Coordinator will be well compensated and have opportunities for growth within VGM. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, one will have the opportunity to give back and participate in volunteer opportunities.
Compensation: Hourly paid position. In addition to working at the Top Employer in Iowa, benefits offered include:
- Gifted Employee Stock Ownership -VGM Group, Inc. is 100% employee owned,
- 401k and ROTH 401k with up to 3% company match,
- Health Benefits, HSA options - single to family, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Term Life and Voluntary Life Insurance., Flexible Spending Account,
- Paid maternity and paternity leave,
- Free Walk-in Clinic to all employees & family members regardless of carrying VGM Insurance,
- PTO (Paid Time Off),
- LifeLock Identity Theft Management,
- Paid holidays.
Responsibilities These are the responsibilities expected of an applicant interested in this position.
As a Patient Care Coordinator for DMEPOS, nursing services and transportation, it is expected that a PCC gathers all necessary insurance information and approvals as well as medical documentation needed to complete the coordination of services. This is a fast-paced position with urgent deadline requiring strong personal drive and commitment to success. Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Verify or obtain benefits/authorization for items or services needed.
- Coordinate the delivery of medical equipment or services.
- Knowledge of contract specific guidelines.
- Identifies and resolves service issues.
- Follows strict HIPAA confidentiality guidelines.
- Ensure orders are setup with accurate codes, quantity, and pricing.
- Availability for after hours on-call.
- Must comply with continuing education per company or accreditation mandate.
- Excellent communication skills to keep all parties informed of order status; keeps timely and accurate notes of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments, as well as actions taken.
- Answers telephone, email and faxes timely; takes messages as needed providing answers to questions from patients, staff, and insurance companies.
- Participates in educational activities.
Qualifications Applicants are expected to meet these qualifications to be considered for this position.
Qualified candidates must have experiences relevant to the job to demonstrate their ability as a self-starter with strong organization and prioritization skill. They must have the ability to forge relationship with colleagues and customers both internally and externally, built on reliability, trust and respect.
- 2+ years experience working in a fast-paced customer service role, preferable in the healthcare field.
- Adept critical thinking skills.
- Proven attention to detail, follow-through skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy workloads and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Work well under pressure.
- Flexible with the ability to routinely adapt to change.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Competence to understand, analyze and interpret insurance claims.
- Strong verbal/written communication & presentation skills.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Proficient with computers.
- Sitting at desk, standing, walking in office and throughout facility.
- Operation of office machinery and equipment.
- Visual abilities to include reading, distance vision and peripheral vision.