Conference And Event Services Manager Jobs Vacancy in California State University Monterey Bay Monterey Bay
California State University Monterey Bay Monterey Bay urgently required following position for Conference And Event Services Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Conference And Event Services Manager Jobs Vacancy in California State University Monterey Bay Monterey Bay Jobs Details:
Under the general direction of the Artistic & Executive Director for University Performances & Special Events, the Conference & Event Services Manager is responsible for the general supervision, leadership, contract development and functional support for activity logistics related to campus activities, special events and conferences of Conference and Event Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Supervises and provides direction and leadership to University Center facility and staff, with accountability for their work results. Responsibilities include staffing schedules, performance evaluations, assignment of activities to individual coordinators and overall leadership in the areas of event coordination and implementation.
- Responsible for the coordination of campus activities including but not limited to facilitating contractual agreements between the University and internal and external parties, cost estimates, space allocation; administrative services that may include facilities maintenance, moving/set up, custodial, building security, police and parking; multi-media, teleconferencing, telecom and computing services; accounting and related financial management services; housing; food service; internal and external publicity; publications and community and student outreach.
- Oversees the coordination of the summer conference programs, including contract development, cost estimates, scheduling, program coordination, program marketing and client relations and general operations.
- In conjunction with the Artistic & Executive Director, develops policies, procedures, and guidelines to build a successful conference and event services program. Represents Conference and Event Services on committees, task forces and individually on matters related to policy and procedure development.
- Provides leadership in the areas of infrastructure development, customer service and client management. Develops training programs for staff and student assistants. Develops working relationships with service providers and clients to ensure customer satisfaction. Creates and implements procedures to evaluate service and satisfaction.
- Promotes and maintains an atmosphere of excellent internal and external customer service within Conference & Events Services.
- May serve on University Committees that benefit the department that relate to conference and event services.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
General knowledge of: planning events, evaluating programs and services, and working directly with program vendors. Knowledge of the principles, problems, and methods of public administration, including organization, personnel, and fiscal management; advanced statistical and research methods; effective supervisory principles, practices and techniques; and thorough knowledge of modern management and administrative techniques related to the development and implementation of appropriate methods of work planning, scheduling and coordination in a team environment to meet changing organizational objectives; and the legal and administrative issues related to the operation of student programs and activities. Knowledge and experience in basic food production, catering, employee training, and sanitation principles. Working knowledge of equipment necessary for proper function of areas involved and cash handling procedures.
Skills: Excellent customer service, marketing, presentations, and human relation skills; strong supervision, operations and budget management skills; strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills; leadership skills; strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Experience in contract development, public relations/marketing techniques used in private industry, non-profit organizations and government agencies.
Ability to: understand and adhere to the highest principles of ethical behavior; plan, organize, and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to disseminate a variety of information regarding the activity, services required, objectives and plans, to all levels of university personnel or external clients; make constructive recommendations for modifications of improvements of methods, procedures, techniques or programs; adapt to the dynamics of organizational procedural and policy changes; supervise, train, motivate, and evaluate the work of multiple direct reports and effectively recommend personnel actions; plan, train, schedule, oversee, and evaluate the productivity and performance of student assistants; define schedules, assign and establish projects and develop short and long range plans; be flexible and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment with frequent interruptions; remain calm under pressure and be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships in a diverse environment which includes students, faculty, administrators, staff employees, alumni, campus guests, businesses, and community organizations; use tact and diplomacy; perform basic mathematical operations.
Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree AND three (3) years of related experience in conference and event management or hospitality related field, OR any equivalent combination of education and experience, which has demonstrated acquisition and successful application of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Additional experience, which has demonstrated the requisite skills/abilities, may be substituted for required education on a year-for-year basis. Proficient in the use of personal computers including word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Demonstrated ability to address the essential functions associated with this position including the knowledge and abilities identified above.
Technical fluency with Microsoft Office Professional Suite, Oracle-PeopleSoft/ CMS baseline system; and Google mail and calendaring programs. Highly desirable : Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to CSUMB ’s Vision .
Special Conditions of Employment
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095
This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority, will be required to participate in annual training, and to immediately forward to the Clery Compliance Officer all reports of Clery Act crimes brought to their attention.
Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University’s liability coverage.
Sensitive Positions – This position has been designated as a sensitive position with:
- responsibility for the care, safety and security of people (including children and minors), animals and CSU property
- access to, or control over, cash, checks, credit cards, and/or credit card account information
- responsibility or access/possession of building master or sub-master keys for building access
- access to controlled or hazardous substances
- access to and responsibility for detailed personally identifiable Level 1 confidential information about students, faculty, staff or alumni that is protected, personal or sensitive as defined in the CSU Information Security Data Classification Standards )
- control over campus business processes, either through functional roles or system security access
- responsibility for operating commercial vehicles, machinery or equipment that could pose environmental hazards or cause injury, illness, or death
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. This position also requires sitting, standing, bending, pushing, pulling, talking, using manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination and the ability to lift 5-10 lbs. Requires travel between campus offices, work sites, and off-campus locations. Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends when necessary. Ability to be on call for emergencies related to the University Center and Summer Conference activities.
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated hiring salary in the high $5,000’s/month. This is a management level position with an attractive benefits package, which includes: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; an excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance; long term disability coverage; life insurance; educational incentives; and retirement benefits. For further information, please visit: Management Personnel Plan . The University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay also provides access to affordable campus housing, Employee Housing .
How to Apply
Please be aware of the following important dates and plan accordingly:
Week of Feb. 19 Interviews
For full consideration, submit the required documents by 5:00 p.m. on the priority screen date listed above. For assistance or if you require an accommodation, please call (831) 582-3389 . For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura and Antle Family Memorial Library ( map ). Please check the links provided for the respective hours.