Communications Manager Digital Marketing Jobs Vacancy in The Alliance Save Energy Washington
The Alliance Save Energy Washington urgently required following position for Communications Manager Digital Marketing. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Communications Manager Digital Marketing Jobs Vacancy in The Alliance Save Energy Washington Jobs Details:
Reporting to the VP, Government Affairs & Communications, the Communications Manager, Digital & Marketing will serve as the day-to-day lead in advancing the Alliance to Save Energy’s message on energy productivity and energy efficiency to Associates and the public. Working closely with the Communications Manager, Media & Content, the individual will be responsible for serving as the Alliance brand manager and overseeing the organization’s social media, email and website platforms. He/she is expected to work collaboratively across the organization and with myriad external stakeholders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Marketing & Brand Management
- Develop and execute communications strategy that supports multiple audiences (Associates, funders, government, media and consumers) and conveys the Alliance’s mission and strategic initiatives.
- Serve as the Alliance’s brand manager, ensuring consistency of message, look and feel of all communications products.
- Edit and maintain existing marketing materials, including letterhead, presentation/report templates, business cards, etc.
- Oversee development of annual report and additional collateral, with a focus on design and printing management.
- Edit and grow the organization’s photo library, including taking photos at Alliance events.
- Manage all Alliance social media platforms, including editorial calendar, daily content and advertising.
- Work with the Communications Manager, Media & Content to create engaging social media content, with a focus on Associate and consumer-oriented content.
- Monitor social media platforms for Alliance mentions and engagement opportunities related to Associates, initiatives and events.
- Answer and respond to questions and engagements from social media audiences.
- Support Alliance initiatives, trips, news and events on social media, including live-tweeting.
- Research ongoing updates to social media platforms and emerging trends.
- Serve as internal staff lead on ASE.ORG redesign, including managing timelines and design firm.
- Serve as primary point person for maintaining ASE.ORG; conduct weekly website audit to ensure content is fresh, links and pages are functional, and protocol is being followed.
- Work with teams to develop, edit and approve content for ASE.ORG.
Email Marketing & Advocacy
- Grow and nurture email lists, ensuring accuracy of data and proper use of lists.
- Manage editorial calendars for email marketing.
- Format and send all marketing emails, including wEEkly Buzz and other Alliance newsletters.
- Manage editorial calendar and staff content submission for wEEkly Buzz newsletter, working with teams to ensure robust and timely content.
- Manage vendors including email marketing platform (Emma), web support contractors, printer(s), etc.
- Prepare monthly social media, email marketing and web traffic metrics and reports.
- Provide staff training on digital media platforms and ensure established digital media protocols and best practices are being followed.
- Execute special projects as required, including marketing support for strategic initiatives and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public policy or related field.
- 4-8 years of experience in social media, public relations, media relations, communications.
- Strong knowledge of and skills in social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Cloud), including creating marketing materials.
- Basic HTML understanding and website management experience (Drupal and/or WordPress).
- Photography and video editing experience (Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, Final Cut, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong writing and editing abilities; knowledge of AP writing style.
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Team player. Excellent interpersonal skills. Sense of humor.
- Enthusiasm for advocacy- and issue-oriented communications work and for promoting the Alliance’s messages to the public and policymakers.
Salary range is $55,000-65,000, based on experience. The Alliance offers a generous benefits package and a comfortable work environment in downtown Washington, DC convenient to Metro.