Third Party Logistics Manager Jobs Vacancy in Carmax Richmond
Carmax Richmond urgently required following position for Third Party Logistics Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Third Party Logistics Manager Jobs Vacancy in Carmax Richmond Jobs Details:
Responsible for a $100 plus million in annual budget with managing car hauling operations in a geographically dispersed market. Manage the daily operations of contracted 3PL & Brokerage Operations. Responsible for the quality and effectiveness of daily administration and operations for internal and external customer service, to ensure on-time and safe deliveries of CarMax freight. Sets team priorities on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and plans the work of team members and their daily assignments to meet customer deadlines.
Identifies, plans, and coordinates the movement of customer transfers, store inventory, brick and mortar and auctions moves, from point of origin to final destination, on behalf of Company’s customers and store leadership, by utilizing the most cost effective and efficient means of intermodal transportation available.
Responsible for identifying possible transportation problems, while resolving problems quickly and cost effectively.
Evaluation and Development of Fleet related strategies:
• Team Manager is responsible for successfully executing negotiations, formulating key performance indicators to ensure that 3PL & Brokerage providers are adhering to organization expectations.
• Leading by example as well as showing and guiding their team to be successful and by hitting assigned goals to generate revenue growth through initiation and development of business opportunities with new and existing 3PL & Brokerage providers.
• This position will be responsible to extend or renew existing contracts, as well as identify opportunities for customer growth in new geographic locations, new industries or with additional products and services.
• Team Manager will incorporate and promote a culture of integrity and professionalism. Must effectively communicate out to key stakeholders in (Recap) of all pertinent information captured at the conclusion of all store visits, conference calls, workgroups and team meetings.
• Develop individual development plans for all team members.
• Work with all associates to ensure they are engaged and provided opportunity to grow and develop.
• Conduct monthly file reviews as part of team development
Third Party Management:
• Plan and prepare annual budget, expenditures and analyze all financial objectives.
• Applies business expertise to develop financial and operational objectives
• Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, that support and drive the organization strategy; influences others to support the decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For internal associates – Must have successfully passed senior MAP
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Undergraduate degree with a minimum of five + years’ experience with direct supervision of transportation operations