Administrative Technician Jobs Vacancy in City Norfolk Norfolk
City Norfolk Norfolk urgently required following position for Administrative Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Technician Jobs Vacancy in City Norfolk Norfolk Jobs Details:
The City of Norfolk's Department of Human Services is seeking to hire an Administrative Technician for the Fiscal & Business Services unit. The Administrative Technician performs a variety of administrative, financial and budgetary duties. This position will be responsible for processing revenue/receivable/recoupment transactions in a timely and efficient manner, entering data into complex computerized financial systems, reconciling accounts, preparing receivable invoicing, and maintaining files.
- This position is being re-advertised***
- The department hiring salary range for this position is $29,391 - $33,799***
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs financial and budgetary duties by processing revenue/receivable/recoupment transactions in a timely and efficient manner, entering data into complex computerized financial systems, reconciling accounts, preparing receivable invoicing, and maintaining files.
- Processes monthly disbursement of DSCE, Social Security Administration & Social Security Income funding into Special Welfare Account and complete monthly recoupment for reimbursement.
- Performs administrative duties by contacting vendors or clients, researching data to resolve complaints, processing and maintaining files and composing complex correspondence, coordinating electronic scanning of documents.
- Assists in the financial development and maintenance of effective and efficient written processes, template forms, and procedures for cash receipt, treasury, invoicing, reimbursement claims, collections, and other revenue/receivable cycle activities based on NDHS/City of Norfolk policies.
- Supports leadership by providing timely and accurate revenue and collections financial information and reports, as requested.
- Provides information and/or documentation to outside auditors, federal/state/local government regulators, other agency stakeholders, as requested by management.
- Functions successfully in a high-volume, demanding office environment and handles multiple priorities with ease while maintaining professional rapport at all times.
- Responsible for scanning and keeping accurate record retention in compliance with federal/state/local guidelines.
- Oversees and monitors the usage of bus passes, gas and food cards issued to specific programs and quarterly reconciliations.
- Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational, administrative, or technical nature which may be obtained with six months/one year of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency. Junior college, vocational, business, technical or correspondence schools are likely sources. Appropriate certification may be awarded upon satisfactory completion of advanced study or training.
- Two years of clerical experience required. The preferred candidate will possess the following:
- Associate's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field.
- Two years of fiscal experience.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and Excel.
- Prior experience performing fiscal and business administration functions.
- Prior experience working with a large accounting software system and compliance with Federal/State/Local allowable cost guidelines for grants/programs.
- Working knowledge of revenues, budgets and monitoring expenditures; as well as experience determining the monetary requirements needed for the fiscal year.
- Requires a valid driver's license.
- Must have favorable background check results (including criminal, driving and Central Registry (CPS) along with negative drug screening results.
- Consideration for an interview is based solely on the information provided within this information. YOUR RESPONSES TO THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AND VERIFIED WITH THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED IN THE BODY OF YOUR APPLICATION.
- To check the status of your application refer to your GovernmentJobs.com account for the latest update.
- Applications must include complete work history, including periods of unemployment if applicable. Writing "See resume" with no other information is considered an incomplete application and will not be considered.
- This website will provide a confirmation of receipt when the application is submitted for consideration. Location:741 Monticello Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23510
Work Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Monday - Friday)