Staff Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Shakote Management Solutions Llc Glen Burnie
Shakote Management Solutions Llc Glen Burnie urgently required following position for Staff Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Staff Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Shakote Management Solutions Llc Glen Burnie Jobs Details:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for compiling timesheets, processing payroll, assisting with accounts receivable and accounts payable, funding ledgers, burn rate reports, project cost analysis, and weekly financial summary reports.
This role also serves as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information and working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization.
Perform Payroll Functions to include:
- Create and maintain personnel payroll files and profiles in accordance with accounting system
- Compile payroll data such as tax deductions, garnishments, paid time off (PTO), insurance, and 401(k) deductions
- Input employee timesheet data into payroll system
- Process direct deposit transactions
- Compile various payroll reports including leave balance reports to company supervisors
- Process payroll liability payments including state and Federal withholdings, health insurance premiums, 401K contributions and matches, any ordered garnishments
- Review timesheet information for completeness and accuracy
- Compile internal management reports from payroll system software
- Track employee PTO and leave without pay (LWOP) balances
Perform Accounts Receivable Functions to include:
- Create and submit customer invoices with review and approval of supervisor
- Collection of all accounts receivable (including updating accounting system to mark invoices as paid)
Perform Accounts Payable Functions to include:
- Enter, schedule, and process payments for all accounts payable
- Daily monitoring of financial accounts to ensure proper recording of all transactions
- Reconcile and submit payment to company insurance policies
Perform Additional Administrative duties to include, but not limited to:
- Track and maintain company insurance policies and renewals
- Engage in critical and confidential aspects of accounting
- Assist in and create drafts for the development of policies systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
Maintain Quality and Accuracy in all work to include:
- * Ensure compliance with the financial procedures of the organization
- * Check inputs to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- * Work with confidential data, which, if disclosed, might have significant internal effect or minor external effect.
- * Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in Accounting (or related industry).
- Two (2) years of accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Deltek Cost Point required.
- Knowledge of accounting entries and transactions.
- Must be able to pass a thorough background, drug and credit screenings.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (to include Excel spreadsheets), the internet and databases.
- Working knowledge of basic State and Federal payroll laws.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, and phones.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong listening skills.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of the McNamara-O’Hara Service Contract Act of 1965 (SCA) policy.
- Federal Security Clearance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Deltek Costpoint: 2 years
- Payroll: 2 years
- accounting: 2 years
Required work authorization:
- United States