Coordinator Operations Jobs Vacancy in Orbis International New York
Orbis International New York urgently required following position for Coordinator Operations. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Coordinator Operations Jobs Vacancy in Orbis International New York Jobs Details:
The Operations Team at the Orbis headquarters office in New York focuses on 4 major functional areas: Global Travel, Global Safety & Security, Supply Chain & Logistics, and Local Facilities Management. The Operations Director leads the team of 5 staff members: the Supply Chain Function, the Operations Management Function, the Travel Support Function, and the Operations Coordinator.
As member of the Operations Team, the Operations Coordinator will assist with all aspects of office facilities management for the New York office. S/he will also provide administrative support to each function within the Operations Team.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Operations Coordinator reports to the Director of Operations. Internally, s/he liaises with all staff members at headquarters, visitors, and external vendors. Externally s/he will work closely with the Building Management and Maintenance staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
RECEPTION, SHIPPING AND MAIL SERVICES:
- Set-up and monitor the general Orbis telephone extension and email account for activity; ensure callers are routed as needed; process voicemails and emails daily.
- Provide courteous and efficient reception services to Orbis guests: monitor front door from remote monitoring and as needed from front desk; ensure visitors are routed as needed; maintain professional appearance of the reception area at all times.
- Receive, sort, and distribute the organization’s mail and faxes on a daily basis, tracking and maintaining postage inventory.
- Facilitate the organization’s Fed-Ex, DHL and UPS shipping and receiving services by distributing incoming packages and arranging pick-up of outgoing packages.
- Communicate with office facilities management, following up with appropriate building contacts regarding general maintenance, facility upgrades, repairs, problem situations, services needed (e.g., air conditioning, heat, power, freight, furniture moving or removal), and special projects, as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Assist the Director of Operations with the development and monitoring of the office facilities budget and liaise with finance staff as needed.
- Monitor the conference booking system and lead the preparation of conference rooms for meetings. This includes coordinating the moving of tables and chairs, ordering refreshments, set up web conference tools, preparing basic presentation tools such as flip charts, and cleaning up after the meetings.
- Keep an accurate log of certificates of insurances.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory on office, pantry, lavatories, and cleaning supplies and equipment, proactively ordering supplies and tracking costs to monitor vendor contracted prices.
- Maintain positive relationships with Orbis vendor, including the cleaning service vendor, and research new vendors as needed.
- Process invoices for facilities and offices goods and services in a timely manner and track costs.
- File, review and process check requests and wire transfers as required.
- Assist the Supply Chain & Logistics Manager with data entry in the Supply Chain Management (SCM) system
- Provide support on all operational matters where required.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND LOGISTICAL SUPPORT
- Process expense reports, monthly reconciliations and arrange vendor’s payments
- Track the Director’s calendar and provide assistance with scheduling and time keeping
- Take meeting minutes as requested, keeping track of action items as needed.
- Assist Operations team in maintenance of the department page on the intranet by implementing updates as needed and directed by the Director of Operations.
- Participate and provide logistical support for special projects and events as requested
- Undertake and provide administrative support for any additional tasks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years work experience, preferably in a facilities role
- Successful customer service experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail: ability to effectively execute detail-oriented tasks.
- Proactive and flexible work style and able to succeed in a demanding, fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Able to work effectively in a team-driven and collaborative environment with a strong emphasis on accountability.
- Excellent customer services skills: the ability to interact professionally and efficiently with people of different professional levels and cultures.
- Strong communication skills both in in writing and in-person.
- Professional work ethic: includes punctual attendance, professional and pleasant appearance and demeanor, a high level of reliability, and a discreet approach to confidential situations
- Solid computer skills: Windows, Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Able to move or lift light objects (up to 25 pounds).
To learn more about Orbis, go to http://www.orbis.org
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global organization we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures.