Employment Connections Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Employment Security Department Vancouver
Employment Security Department Vancouver urgently required following position for Employment Connections Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Employment Connections Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Employment Security Department Vancouver Jobs Details:
Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for an Employment Connections Specialist 3 in-training position at WorkSource Vancouver. This position will support all WorkSource lines of business and is capable and ready to serve all WorkSource customers. The incumbent will provide direct services to job seekers and employers both inside the WorkSource office and out in the community. This position will represent the agency in providing integrated services to all customers.
Please Note: This position is an Employment Connections Specialist 3 in-training and can be filled at any of the following levels depending on the applicant's qualifications. The incumbent will be required to complete a training plan in order to promote to the next level. Salary ranges for these levels are:
- Employment Connections Specialist 1: $31,224 - $40,428 annually depending on qualifications
- Employment Connections Specialist 2: $34,284 - $44,652 annually depending on qualifications
- Employment Connections Specialist 3: $36,744 - $48,060 annually depending on qualifications
This position will perform the following duties at the Employment Connections Specialist 3 goal class:
- Provide staff-assisted customer services; conduct group and individual in-depth interviews, partial and full registrations, and review job readiness, employment barriers and customer needs; administer skill, interest, and aptitude tests using formal tools; identify employment and/or training goals; develop and monitor service plans; develop recommendations for continuous engagement.
- Provide information about the full range of agency services and programs; direct to appropriate internal or external resources and/or support services; provide for continuous engagement.
- Provide career and/or employment guidance and training information; refer customers to job search, training providers and/or resources through WorkSource and/or partner services.
- Outline labor market information and opportunities; assist with development of action/job search plans; refer customers to WorkSourceWA and/or other external job openings.
- Facilitate Job Hunter series and other employment-related workshops.
- Facilitate orientations and workshops.
- Facilitate WorkSourceWA sessions to employers and community members, both inside and outside the physical WorkSource Office.
- Sustain relationships with employers and the community; keep them informed of available internal and external resources and referrals.
Required qualifications at each level
Employment Connections Specialist 1 (ECS1):
- Awareness-level oral communication skills - convey information orally according to the needs of the audience, and receive and understand spoken information.
- Awareness-level workload management skills - plan and organize assignments to create timely, accurate work products. Work efficiently, remain focused, and handle interruptions effectively.
- Awareness-level computer skills - use computer hardware and software to complete assignments.
- Awareness-level customer service skills – build and maintain customer relations and satisfaction.
- Awareness-level knowledge of characteristics associated with unemployed, dislocated, and disadvantaged populations.
- Awareness-level knowledge of group facilitation techniques.
- Working-level customer service skills – build and maintain customer relations and satisfaction.
- Working-level oral communication skills - convey information orally according to the needs of the audience, and receive and understand spoken information.
- Working-level knowledge of characteristics associated with unemployed, dislocated, and disadvantaged populations.
- Working-level knowledge of group facilitation techniques.
- Ability to travel on a daily or weekly basis to provide services.
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov .
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact email@example.com or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.