Employment Specialist Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Scrs Pasadena
Scrs Pasadena urgently required following position for Employment Specialist Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Employment Specialist Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Scrs Pasadena Jobs Details:
The mission of Southern California Resource Services for Independent Living (SCRS-IL) is to empower persons with disabilities to achieve their personalized goals through community education and individualized serves that provide the knowledge, skills, and confidence building to maximize their quality of life.
SCRS-IL is a non-profit community based organization serving people with disabilities who chose to live independent and meaningful lives. Independent Living Centers are a nationwide network of private, non- residential, community based organizations run by people with disabilities who promote the civil rights of persons with disabilities and assist individuals to achieve maximum potential within their families and communities. Operating as an ILC since 1979 and having served thousands of individuals with disabilities, SCRS-IL has provided opportunities for people seeking assistance in a wide range of areas, including Youth Transition, Housing Assistance, Employment Services, Benefits, Community Education, Independent Living Skills Training, and Systemic and Individual Advocacy. SCRS-IL serves people throughout Los Angeles County and the surrounding areas representing a community of people with disabilities sharing similar marginalized backgrounds and socio-economic experiences.
SCRS-IL operates two offices in Los Angeles County (Downey and Alhambra, CA) with our administrative office in Alhambra, CA. For more information, please visit www.scrs-ilc.org
Functions: Under the general supervision of the Deputy Director and the Vocational Program Manager, the Employment Specialist serves as liaison with employers, consumers, and DOR Rehabilitation Counselors providing Intake, Job Preparation, Job Placement and Retention services to persons referred by the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation.
1. Meets with consumer to complete Intake Process, determine eligibility, develop the IPE, and Assessment, etc.
2. Establishes and maintains consumer file in CIL Management Suites Data Base.
3. Documents contacts made pertaining to consumer in Case Notes of CIL Management Suites.
4. Forwards Authorization to SCRS Administrative Office.
5. Communicates needs and accomplishments to Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor through Monthly Progress Reports taken from Case Notes in the CIL Management Suites Data Base.
6. Serves as liaison with Consumer, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor and potential or actual employers.
7. Coordinates Job Preparation through Job Club and individualized training, including arranging for classroom, necessary supplies, notifying consumers, etc.
8. Works with consumer to develop and formulate their Master Applications and Resumes that highlight their vocational skills and interests.
9. Makes contacts with potential employers and provides referrals as appropriate.
10. Provides job leads and job information to consumers and Employment Specialists.
Disclaimer: This job posting does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other duties. SCRS-IL has the right to revise the job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment.
Non-Discrimination Bachelor's in Business Administration, Organizational Leadership, or related degree and/or three to five years' experience in an agency that provides services to people with disabilities; understanding of business process; thorough understanding and embracement of Independent Living Philosophy and disability culture and understanding of employment services would be beneficial. Employee needs to have an understanding of basic businesses operation, especially hiring processes.
- Work collaboratively with the Deputy Director, Vocational Program Manager, and Executive Director
- Experience working with and some supervisory experience working with a variety of staff positions
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Report preparation knowledge
- Exercise time management skills and have the ability to multi task.
- Problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of vocational services administration
- Experience working with diverse individuals of multi-cultures and disabilities.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) required
- Public speaking required
- Must be able to travel, have current California Driver's License and proof of insurance or other means of transportation.
SCRS does not discriminate against employees or potential employees and is an equal opportunity employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, age, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, a diagnosis or history of cancer, physical or mental disability or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Essential Physical Requirements Able to sit for long periods of time, reach, bend, handle, twist; digital dexterity; file documents and retrieve them from filing cabinets; carry/lift a maximum of 25 pounds.
Please note, the position will begin part time with the room to grow to a Full time position.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour