Teaching Artist Jobs Vacancy in The Leadership Program New York
The Leadership Program New York urgently required following position for Teaching Artist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Teaching Artist Jobs Vacancy in The Leadership Program New York Jobs Details:
We're hiring for the 2018-19 school year!
Engaging, resilient, flexible, proactive—these are just a few of the characteristics you should possess as a Teaching Artist which we call a Leadership Trainer. In this role, you will be responsible for bringing mentoring and facilitation through our unique student-centered approach into multiple NYC schools.
Think you’re an ideal candidate? Well then, you’re a resourceful and tenacious motivator. You are comfortable working in many different settings. You’re a self-starter, and you’re highly motivated, with the willingness and ability to work well both in a team and with a great degree of autonomy. You come from a strongly resourceful orientation, and your dedication to learn and grow is unmatched. We are hiring for multiple positions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work independently in some of the most challenging NYC public schools
- Learn and facilitate our curricula
- Serve as a mentor and positive role model
- Recruit and retain students as needed
- Utilize your background to work on special projects and activities with students and community members
- Attend monthly staff meetings and trainings in our offices
- Be prepared to work in any of our school communities
- Be physically prepared to meet the demands of setting up your physical spaces at school sites, pick-up and drop-off supplies, and faciliate the activities of your assigned placements
- Submit appropriate paperwork and enter activity logs, attendance, and other data into our on-line database bi-weekly
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- A minimum of two years experience working in city public schools or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well and collaborate with team members
- Are already, or ready to be, fingerprinted through the State Department of Education
- We are in need of candidates with backgrounds in martial arts, athletics, multimedia, chess, and dance, so these skillsets are a major plus, be sure to highlight them. We are also in need of Spanish speakers for a gifted and talented program.
- Experience in Restorative Justice a major plus
- After school rates start at $115
Don’t check all our boxes but still think you’d be a perfect fit for the position? Send us a submission and argue your case. Not ready for work until the new school year? Send us what you've got. We’d love to give you a shot.