Material Handler Jobs Vacancy in Nyu Langone Hospital Brooklyn Processed Stores Brooklyn
Nyu Langone Hospital Brooklyn Processed Stores Brooklyn urgently required following position for Material Handler. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Material Handler Jobs Vacancy in Nyu Langone Hospital Brooklyn Processed Stores Brooklyn Jobs Details:
NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health’s anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Material Handler.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for handling of all materials within the medical center. Responsibilities will include: receiving, storing, movement of, issuance and maintenance of all work areas and equipment, taking inventories. Attendance and punctuality is essential
- Receiving, unloading and loading of all materials including linen.
- Responsible for proper distribution of materials throughout the medical center.
- Responsible for proper care and prudent operation of material handling equipment.
- Responsible for issuance, receipt, and proper recording of transactions for all supplies and deliveries from and to materials management
- Responsible for inventories, proper maintenance of same, and reporting of all shortages, overages, system balances and corrective action if necessary.
- Responsible for processing of delivery care and hand held technology in storeroom and clinical areas.
- Responsible for loading and delivery of materials throughout the medical center.
- Adhere to scheduling of par locations.
- Responsible for proper, safe and sanitary storage and care of materials and equipment.
- Responsible for packing and shipment of materials as ordered.
- Responsible for maintaining an efficient and clean workplace of all materials management equipment and work areas.
- Responsible for processing carts through decontamination units and proper disposal of soiled materials.
- Responsible for attaching, identifying tags or labels to materials upon receipt and recording disposition, if applicable.
- Perform other material duties as requested by supervisor
- Operation of manual and automatic jacks
To qualify you must have a High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous experience in shipping, receiving and distribution strongly preferred
Good written and oral communication skills
Basic math skills required (Simple Sums)
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn’s EEO policies, please click here .