Research Associate Materials Jobs Vacancy in Encodia San Diego
Encodia San Diego urgently required following position for Research Associate Materials. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Associate Materials Jobs Vacancy in Encodia San Diego Jobs Details:
Encodia is an emerging, early stage biotech company developing the next generation of protein analysis tools. We are seeking to recruit a Research Associate I or II with experience in Chemistry and/or Materials. Successful candidates will also have knowledge and experience with 1 or 2 of the following areas: chemical reactions, polymers, surface functionalization methods, colloidal particles, or analysis tools for these processes. This position will involve research and collaboration with colleagues at a range of skill levels at the interfaces between materials, surface science, protein biochemistry, protein engineering, and molecular biology. Highly motivated candidates who have shown experience in academic and industry are highly encouraged to apply.
- Assist in the design of laboratory experiments to develop new chemical and material formulations to meet specific design criteria
- Work closely with senior staff to provide scientific contributions toward method development and validation
- Apply a strong analytical aptitude, an ability to comprehend and apply scientific theory, analytical and/or computational techniques to solve problems
- Demonstrate a high level of innovation and initiative in identifying and resolving new product and process development issues
- Display an ability to multitask and complete assigned projects on time
- Maintain laboratory equipment and housekeeping duties as required
- Bachelor’s in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Biochemistry or related field
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience working in a laboratory
- Polymers, nanoparticles, colloidal particle synthesis and characterization experience
- Familiar with some but not all of the following: DLS, DSC, TGA, SEM, FTIR, UV/vis, fluorescence spectroscopy, AFM, etc. for materials characterization and failure analysis
Encodia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package including medical plans, dental insurance, vision plans, paid vacation, and stock plans.