Systems Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Testpros Washington
Testpros Washington urgently required following position for Systems Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Systems Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Testpros Washington Jobs Details:
TestPros is a successful and growing business, established in 1988 to provide Information Technology (IT) technical support services to a wide range of Commercial and U.S. Federal, State, and Local Government customers. Our capabilities include Program Management, Program Oversight, Process Audit, Intelligence Analysis, Cyber Security, NIST SP 800-171 Assessment and Compliance, Computer Forensics, Software Assurance, Software Testing, Test Automation, Section 508 and WCAG Accessibility Assessment, Localization Testing, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), Quality Assurance (QA), Compliance, and Research and Development (R&D) services. TestPros is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TestPros delivers innovative independent IT assessment solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. We support the U.S. Federal Government and Commercial clients within the continental USA. TestPros is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
TestPros, Inc. has an immediate need for an experienced IT Systems Accountant, where you will work as a consultant providing subject matter expertise in Federal Financial Systems to support assessments, reviews, and oversight for the implementation of a large, comprehensive federal financial management system.
The primary place of performance will be Washington, DC, with modest travel in the Washington DC Metro Area.
Experience, Responsibilities and Duties:
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAPs) and Federal Accounting Standards (FASAB Handbook)
- Ensure the most efficient, accurate and cost-effective financial systems are in place
- Review and evaluate all the financial systems, practices and policies of federal entity of focus
- Confers with managers and key personnel on their specific systems’ pros and cons before deciding how to proceed
- Discuss proposed changes with management/vendors/other team members to determine the effects of her decisions on their goals and expectations
- Knowledge and application of common practice, best practice, federal guidelines for financial systems
- Application of general knowledge, as well as subject matter expertise in federal financial management
- Ability to translate hands-on accounting practice to help create procedures and guide new system development
- Work as part of a small team providing oversight and analysis of financial system modernization activities performed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and its components
- Participate in meetings regarding methodology, strategy and approach reporting findings, recommendations and observations
- Participate in research on similar efforts, including financial systems implementation, management of federal shared service providers, and PMO support efforts undertaken in the public and private sectors to provide the benchmarks against requirements from the project's inception to its full implementation
- Participate in the development and implementation of quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures
- Participate in formal and informal reviews at predetermined points throughout the systems engineering life cycle
- Execute ad hoc studies and analyses in support of the CFO
- Evaluate performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
- Execute all activities required to verify and validate the technical solutions and schedules
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent
- 5+ years consultng in the PMO environment
- 12+ years application of federal financial management support
- Certification – Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) or CPA designation
- Requires excellent organization skills and extreme attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project)
- Flexibility in adapting to deadlines, changing schedules, priorities and unpredictable events
- Must be detail oriented and able to work with minimal supervision
- Occasional unscheduled overtime and weekend support is required
- Occasional work-from-home is possible
- Effective written and verbal/oral communications including strong presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills
- Must be a full U.S. Citizen and eligible for a Secret clearance
This position requires full U.S. Citizenship. You will work onsite in Washington DC and also travel to the local customer sites for meetings.
Applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Benefits and Perks
TestPros offers competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, five (5) weeks of paid time off, education/training and professional certifications, 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% company match, opportunities for professional growth, cell phone discounts, and much more! All benefits are per TestPros current policies and are subject to change without notice. Benefits are available to full-time employees only.
For more information or to submit your resume, please "Apply Now" or email Careers@TestPros.com