Scheduler Jobs Vacancy in Medstar Health Baltimore
Medstar Health Baltimore urgently required following position for Scheduler. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Scheduler Jobs Vacancy in Medstar Health Baltimore Jobs Details:
- Job Summary
- Schedules services and/or resources for patients and staff. Greets patients and answers phone.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school graduation or equivalent; knowledge of medical terminology.
- 6 months clerical and scheduling experience.
- No special certification, registration or license required.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Typing and computer skills.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers and screens telephone calls, transfers calls, provides information, greets patients, answers inquiries, receives and relays appropriate communications concerning patients and personnel, takes information for test sign-outs, and may read test reports to physicians and/or their secretaries.
- Assists in orientation of new personnel.
- Communicates appropriately regarding special equipment necessary for specific cases.
- Compiles reports from databases for managers and staff as requested.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Coordinates schedules for all disciplines to give patient consecutive appointments when necessary. Actively negotiates with physicians, patients, hospital staff, and resources to accomplish scheduling conflict resolution and client satisfaction.
- Ensures the validity and efficiency of the schedule by careful checking of times, procedures, physicians, and old charts before the schedule is duplicated and distributed. Communicates thoroughly with appropriate staff to inform them of the daily schedules and notifies them of any changes as they occur.
- Inventories and orders equipment and supplies. Coordinates repairs of malfunctioning equipment.
- Obtains accurate information from patient, family, physician, or other health care provider while being courteous and maintaining confidentiality. Makes independent decisions using sound judgment to meet patients, their families', and physicians' needs.
- Operates computer, enters data, and generates computerized requests for examinations. Examines computerized request for accuracy and appropriateness and routes to correct area.
- Participates in departmental staff meetings and in-service programs.
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts as required.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Schedules examinations and services and requests that test results taken at another facility accompany patient. Takes and refers requests for STAT examinations to the appropriate party.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.