Parks Enforcement Patrol Jobs Vacancy in Dept Parks Recreation New York
Dept Parks Recreation New York urgently required following position for Parks Enforcement Patrol. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Parks Enforcement Patrol Jobs Vacancy in Dept Parks Recreation New York Jobs Details:
The Parks Enforcement Patrol (PEP) provides a uniform presence in parks, assists the public and issues summonses for violating park rules. In addition to regular patrols, PEP conducts mounted and harbor patrols. ?
Under supervision, perform patrols of park facilities as part of a highly visible uniformed division. Ensure the safety and enjoyment of park users and the protection of park property. ?
Issue summonses for the violation of park rules and regulations; may detain or arrest violators of City and State laws.?
Assist in the inspection of concessionaires to insure compliance with provisions of health and sanitary codes.?
Escort individuals and provide security at special events, such as marathons, parades, concerts and related presentations.?
Disseminate information regarding rules and regulations, health and safety hazards and park events to the public. ?
May be assigned to work in any borough.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. An associate degree or completion of 60 college-level semester credits from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and by the Council for Higher Educational Accreditation (CHEA); or
2. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State?s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization and one year of full-time satisfactory experience in one of the following: law or code enforcement; security; ecology; or as an environmental instructor or ranger in a recognized park, recreation or ranger program, cultural institution or accredited school; or
3. A satisfactory combination of education and experience that is equivalent to ?1? or ?2? above. College education may be substituted for the required experience in ?2? above on the basis of 5 semester credits for 1 month of experience. Experience working as a clerk or secretary is not acceptable.
Special Patrolman Requirement: At the time of appointment, you must meet the following qualifications for Special Patrolman status (a status given by the New York City Police Department pursuant to Title 38, Chapter 13 of the Rules of the City of New York): ?
must be twenty-one years of age or older, ?
a citizen of the United States ?
a resident of New York City ?
have no record of convictions for any felony or for any serious offence against public safety (as defined in the New York State Penal Law), ?
if discharged from military service, the discharge must not have been dishonorable, and ?
be of good moral character.
Driver License Requirement: By the time you are appointed to this position, you must have a motor vehicle driver license valid in the State of New York. If you have moving violations, license suspension(s) or an accident record, you may be disqualified. This license must be maintained for the duration of your employment.
Medical Requirement: Medical guidelines have been established for the position of Urban Park Ranger. Candidates will be examined to determine whether they can perform the essential functions of the position of Urban Park Ranger.
Where appropriate, a reasonable accommodation will be provided for a person with a disability to enable him or her to take the examination, and /or to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Bachelor?s degree. 60 college credits in Criminal Justice field or Military Police experience.
2. Excellent oral/written communication skills.
1. Able to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
2. Able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather; able to walk and/or stand in an assigned area; able to drive or sit in a patrol vehicle while remaining alert.
NOTE: Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
References will be required upon request.
1) Apply through Employee Self Service (ESS) under Recruiting Activities
2) Search for Job ID#: 305978
Include your ERN on all correspondence.
For all other applicants:
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID#: 305978
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required for all other candidates.