Controller Jobs Vacancy in Angel The Winds Casino Resort Arlington
Angel The Winds Casino Resort Arlington urgently required following position for Controller. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Controller Jobs Vacancy in Angel The Winds Casino Resort Arlington Jobs Details:
At Angel of the Winds, the World’s Friendliest, Casino and Hotel, we require all employees to provide exceptional guest service with a positive and out-going attitude. We value all guests and team members through our guiding values: Welcoming, Engaged, Accountable, Customer Experience, and Team. We have a commitment to understand, define, and deliver what our guests want and represent our company by being professional and courteous to all.
- Oversees all the activities of the Accounting, Payroll and Audit Departments.
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies and developing long-range goals and objectives for the Accounting Department.
- Attends manager and project meetings. Provides input relating to impact of proposed changes on the Accounting Department and communicates property wide information to their employees.
- Conduct staff meetings of operations personnel, or confer with subordinate personnel to discuss operations problems or explain procedural changes or practices.
- Perform analysis on balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Facilitate organizational change efforts designed to create a corporate culture that supports the business plan and mission.
- Supervises and reviews reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
- Maintain, analyze, and reconcile General Ledger accounts to ensure accurate balances; establish and maintain appropriate procedures for the accurate maintenance of the General Ledger, purchasing, expense report processing, billings, credit collections, accounts payable, and accounts receivable to include regular review and audit of accounts.
- Monitors and oversees company operating budget and interacts with department heads and Executive staff regarding budget variances.
- Prepares and oversees daily accounting entries and posts to general ledger system month-end financial statements and reports.
- Oversee and prepare monthly balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement and other reports as needed.
- Oversee preparation and monitoring of key performance indicators and other financial models.
- Prepares month end accrual entries, monitors accruals for accuracy and prepares schedules for accrual accounts.
- Provides information regarding accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to employees as needed.
- Ensure compliance with Tribal, State, Federal, and NIGC regulations.
- Ensure control/protection of company assets.
- Develop and review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine departmental progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Hire and develop staff in the areas of auditing, internal controls, title 31, policies and procedures, customer service and hospitality.
- Create, implement and assess training programs.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraisal performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional guest service skills required.
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) in Business Administration or Accounting from four-year college or university; or eight years or more of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, fractions, percentages and ratios to practical solutions.
- Ability to establish procedures for the effective implementation of the Chief Financial Officer’s directives. Prepare complex reports, correspondence, charts, layouts, forms, handbooks, memoranda and other information and instructions.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex management problems having non-standard solutions.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of general business administration including personnel practices and employment laws, program budgeting, general accounting, financial analysis, and fiscal management practices.
- Skills in assessing operation, program, staffing and fiscal needs.
- Skill in identifying and resolving administrative problems under pressure conditions.
- Must be customer service oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment dealing with sensitive issues and maintain confidentially with strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain professional, courteous, and effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and outside business contacts.
- Proven intermediate skills in Windows, MS Office Programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and experience with database systems. Ability to prepare reports, correspondence, charts, forms and other information and instructions.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class III gaming license from the Stillaguamish Tribal Gaming Agency and the State of Washington.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
Constantly requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication. The position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requires repetitive movement daily with sedentary work, occasional bending and crouching. There are no adverse conditions, but employee is exposed to tobacco smoke on a regular basis. This is a 24-hour, 7 day a week operation.