Research Assistant Jobs Vacancy in New York State Psychiatry Institute New York
New York State Psychiatry Institute New York urgently required following position for Research Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Assistant Jobs Vacancy in New York State Psychiatry Institute New York Jobs Details:
The Division of Translational Imaging is seeking a full-time individual to provide research study support for an
NIH-funded study focused on brain imaging. The position requires highly organized person to manage detailed
information in a research environment. The Research Assistant will assist with research study procedures including
scheduling of subjects for study procedures, conducting data entry, assisting principal investigators in study
administration, and assisting with contacting research subjects by phone when needed. He/She will also perform some
administrative duties and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position involves:
1. Assist in organizing advertising and appointments for and brief phone screening of potential research subjects.
2. Escorting patients to the MRI suite at 2. NYSPI MRI facility.
3. Help tracking and contacting patients for intake and follow up interviews in research protocols.
4. Help coordinating patient appointments for psychologists and psychiatrists.
5. Help preparing data for PI to use in IRB protocol submissions and updates.
6. Help organizing research charts, creating some study chart documents as needed and entering some data.
7. Help monitoring of research charts for completeness and organizing additions and corrections as needed.
8. Assist in the communication with the study supervisor, inpatient unit, and pharmacy as needed.
9. If applicable, assisting in training new hires to assume incumbent's responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree or at least one and one-half years of related experience or equivalent in education, training and
Prior experience in research preferred. Excellent written and spoken English. Ability to work well in a team and excellent
interpersonal skills are requisites for this position.