Marketing Communications Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in North Carolina State University Raleigh
North Carolina State University Raleigh urgently required following position for Marketing Communications Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Marketing Communications Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in North Carolina State University Raleigh Jobs Details:
The Gregg Museum of Art & Design is the collecting art museum of NC State University. It is one of the six primary units of Arts NC State within the Division of Academic and Student Affairs. Its holdings reflect the wide-ranging curricula of the university, with a permanent collection of more than 35,000 objects including crafts, applied and decorative arts, industrial design, architectural drawings and works on paper, photography, ceramics, paintings, sculptures, textiles, clothing, furniture, archaeological artifacts, tribal and ethnographic objects, and works by self-taught artists.
In addition to maintaining and making available this major resource for the purposes of research and teaching, the museum presents six to eight exhibitions each year, accompanied by exciting performances, activities, and educational programs, all of which are free and accessible to students and public alike. The Gregg reopened in its current location in August 2017; although the museum has existed and evolved since the early 1970s, it is (once more) a new cultural destination with a prominent location in the vibrant and growing city of Raleigh, focused on re-establishing and expanding its annual attendance.
The Gregg Museum of Art & Design is looking for a marketing and communications coordinator to join its growing team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about innovative marketing campaigns, writing dynamic communications pieces, identifying social trends, higher education, the arts, and working in a creative environment. This is a new position and this person will be responsible for 1. Developing and implementing a strategic marketing plan to increase museum attendance and membership 2. Managing all news and media outlets, including social media sites, website, e-newsletter, and press releases with other news organizations, and 3. Developing written pieces to highlight the museum and its programs, exhibitions, and donors.
This position will report to the director of the Gregg Museum and will work in close collaboration with Gregg team members, the director of marketing for Arts NC State, and other DASA colleagues such as the public communication specialist and creative content manager as needed.
- Create and implement a strategic marketing plan
- Provide analysis on the use and effectiveness of social media, web, and other communications
- Act as a brand journalist to produce copy for web, newsletter, social media and news outlets to engage and activate audiences, including stories on upcoming exhibitions, events, donor spotlights, and more
- Manage online presence, including the website and social media sites
- Increase visitor attendance and repeat attendance through targeted marketing
- Promote educational, community, and K-12 events and opportunities
- Promote the Gregg as a cultural destination and rental facility
- Work with the development team to support and grow the museum’s membership program
- Create printed materials such as brochures, rack cards, flyers, mailers and more to reinforce the museum’s message
- Utilize NC State branding and materials to broadly share the museum’s mission and vision
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must have strong writing and editing skills, and a keen knowledge of standard usage and grammar.
- Professional understanding of platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, and other emerging channels
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to produce engaging content to attract audiences to the museum
- Effective interpersonal skills with internal and external audiences
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects at once
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Four (4) years of experience in marketing
- Four (4) years of experience in producing multimedia content
- Professional understanding of content management system (eg. WordPress)
- Professional understanding of e-mail marketing platform (eg. Bronto)
- Experience with Adobe CreativeSuite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Existing relationships with relevant media contacts
Please include resume, cover letter, two (2) examples of print and/or web marketing and communications correspondence/materials you have produced, three (3) writing samples (print articles and/or blog posts), and contact information for three (3) references.
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.