Transporter Jobs Vacancy in Upbring Katy
Upbring Katy urgently required following position for Transporter. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Transporter Jobs Vacancy in Upbring Katy Jobs Details:
Upbring, the new Lutheran Social Services of the South, is a 135 year-old nonprofit organization with a rich legacy of serving vulnerable people across Texas. Its mission is to break the cycle of child abuse by empowering children, families and communities. Upbring serves more than 30,000 people annually and provides innovative programs and services for children including foster care, adoption, education, residential treatment and community services. For more information, visit Upbring.org.Responsibilities
The primary duty of the Transporter is to provide reliable and safe transportation of residents.
- Operate company vehicle to transport residents to and from scheduled activities and appointments
- Work closely with management and staff to create and maintain a daily and weekly transportation schedule
- Conduct pre and post trip operational and safety inspection of vehicle. Immediately notify management of vehicle does not meet operational or safety standards.
- Record and maintain accurate mileage log
- Ensures the vehicle has all the necessary supplies to meet expected and unexpected situations during transportation
- Clean vehicle before and after each transportation
- Work closely with management to ensure vehicle registrations and insurance documentation is current and valid
- Report any and all incidents and/or inquires to management in a timely manner
- Ensure resident safety before, during, and after transportation by adhering to safety and driving guidelines and laws
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains professional boundaries and a positive rapport with residents, interdisciplinary teams, volunteers, and the community at all times
- Attend meetings regarding center policies, procedures, processes, and resident’s continuum of care, and program updates and changes, as required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1-year transportation experience
- Ability to use assistive devices to board and un-board residents
- Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate boundaries at all times
- Clear verbal communication skills and the ability to give and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to physically secure residents in the vehicle
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult and stressful situations
- Valid and current class B or C driver’s license
- Ability to meet state, local, county, and company insurance requirements
- 2 years’ experience transporting people with developmental disabilities
- Licenses and Certifications
- First Aid, AED, and CPR, required
- Crisis Intervention, required
- Working Condition/Environment
- physical demands/requirements
- Ability to safely lift up to 120lbs and operate transporting assistance equipment, such as wheelchair
The physical requirements for this position with or without reasonable accommodation are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing this position the employee with or without reasonable accommodation should have the ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, speak, and hear with aid, see, read, reach with arms and hands, and use equipment that is essential to performing the job, such as a computer, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile, if applicable.
The statements herein indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of the job and may request the employee to perform other duties and responsibilities not listed at his/her discretion. This job description is not a contract between the employee occupying the position and the employer. Upbring is an at-will employer.