School Suspension Room Monitor Jobs Vacancy in Prince George County Public Schools Clinton
Prince George County Public Schools Clinton urgently required following position for School Suspension Room Monitor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
School Suspension Room Monitor Jobs Vacancy in Prince George County Public Schools Clinton Jobs Details:
This is an ACE/AFSCME Local 2250, 10-Month Position, Pay Table 700 - Grade 16
Salary Range: $18.85 - $36.37 (external candidates may not be placed above Step 6, $24.88, due to contractual requirements)
CLOSING DATE: February 21, 2018
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Monitors student behavior and maintains discipline in the in-school suspension room;
- Monitors arrival and dismissal of students assuring that they get to correct classrooms;
- Works with individual and groups of students assigned to the in-school suspension room to reinforce instructions previously initiated by the teacher: Provides personalized attention and assistance to students to develop or improve skills in academic area;
- May assist in monitoring a behavior plan for students;
- Confers regularly with teacher(s) to discuss plans, receives professional guidance and facilitates professional evaluation of student's progress;
- May attend faculty meetings, aide meetings, workshops, and in-service sessions; accompanies and helps with the supervision of the class on field trips;
- Assumes continuing responsibility for maintaining an attractive, interesting area in which to work with students; shares in performance of routine housekeeping, monitoring and clerical tasks;
- Maintains appropriate records and reports;
- Maintains a professional code of ethics; and
- Performs related work as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good understanding of the field of child development, student behavior and of instructional methods and techniques;
- Ability to learn new methods and techniques;
- Considerable patience and ability to work with children;
- Ability to work harmoniously with and provide a broad range of assistance to the instructional staff; and
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Good understanding of Prince George's County Public Schools Disciplinary Policies and Procedures;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Strong ability to work with diverse populations.
At least two (2) years of college (min 60 college credits) with an emphasis on coursework in education or counseling.
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, sit, and use fingers, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, the ability to adjust focus, and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Direct Deposit is expected as a condition of new hire employment.
Based on the settlement agreement reached in Administrator, Wage and Hour Division, U.S. Department of Labor v. Prince George's County Board of Education, OALJ Case No. 2011-LCA-00026, PGCPS is ineligible to sponsor foreign nationals for U.S. employment under any temporary or permanent visa program. As a condition of employment, all applicants for employment must be qualified to work in the United States without sponsorship by PGCPS. If you are not work-authorized and would require PGCPS to sponsor you for a work visa you will not be considered for employment.