Call Center Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in University California San Francisco Medical Center San Francisco
- Call Center Coordinator
- University California San Francisco Medical Center
- San Francisco CA
- 14 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
University California San Francisco Medical Center San Francisco urgently required following position for Call Center Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Call Center Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in University California San Francisco Medical Center San Francisco Jobs Details:
The Practice Coordinator (PC) is primarily responsible for representing the administrative team as the public face of the Practice and works closely with the administrative, clinical and management teams to support practice operations and customer service recovery and intervention efforts. S/he provides support to all functions of the administrative teams including but not limited to: CRM messages, telephone encounters, referrals, APeX in-baskets, scanning, filing, authorizations, and billing.
The PC is responsible for the maintenance of all routine clerical operations and communications. S/he adheres to the UCSF House and Telephone Standards and is sensitive to the needs of patients, staff and providers at all times. The PC is a team player who works closely with others and who is flexible in dealing with the changing priorities. S/he is a self-reliant individual who synthesizes his/her knowledge of practice operations in order to problem-solve, prioritize and facilitate complex transactions in the course of his/her daily activities.
This position makes a difference for patients in an outpatient care unit by providing excellent customer service, facilitating and ensuring the accuracy of the information flow between medical, hospital staff and departments to maximize unit efficiency. The PC is required to work at any UCSF campus as needed and scheduled.
- High School diploma or equivalent with four years related experience; or college degree and six months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Successfully passes fingerprinting protocol and is approved to be a cash collector
- Strong computer skills, including basic keyboarding skills, and experience with at least two Office-type software programs (i.e., Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Proven ability to navigate through multiple patient records systems. Able to sit at a computer terminal with telephone headphones for extended period of time
- Ability to analyze situations, prioritizes tasks, and develops solutions and make recommendations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to use good judgment and work independently, at times under the pressure of deadlines
- Ability to access situations prioritizes workload, develop solutions and make recommendations
- Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills, both over the telephone and directly
- Able to sit at a computer terminal with telephone headphones for extended periods of time
- Basic math skills required
- Proven ability to deal with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to deal sensitively and effectively with patients
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong writing skills to include the ability to compose, edit, and proof a wide variety of documents
- Demonstrated administrative/office coordination skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical practice terminology
- Within six months of start date, based upon completion of training, the Supervisor, completes the proficiency checklist with the employee. This includes the following areas if applicable:
- Referrals (Incoming referral entry) and handling all referral WQs
- Pend orders
- Pend smart sets
- Schedule surgeries
- Work applicable work queues
- Messaging (CRM) if applicable
- 2nd calls in CRM if applicable
- Telephone encounters
- My open encounter
- Staff message
- New message
- Route Patient advice request to providers (My Chart)
- Patient Schedule (My Chart)
- Patient look up
- Check in process
- Check out process
- Comment field
- Quick note
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
- Demonstrated experience in health care (may include medical, dental or veterinary) in the following areas: patient scheduling, insurance verification, medial record data abstraction, or patient financial services
- Prior experience with appointment, ancillary service or surgical scheduling or a combination of all three
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual capability (Spanish, Cantonese, and Russian)
- Prior experience with EPIC
Living Pride Standards
- Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center’s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
- Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
- Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
- Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
- Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
- Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
- Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
- Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.