Photonics Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Google Sunnyvale
Google Sunnyvale urgently required following position for Photonics Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Photonics Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Google Sunnyvale Jobs Details:
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
As a key member of the team, you manage projects in multiple areas with your expertise. You also monitor the performance of vendors working on projects and evaluate new technologies.
As a Photonics Engineer, you will join the team responsible for designing new optical technologies used in Google’s Data Centers. You are an optical device expert with a proven track record of designing for leading-edge technologies from the ground up. You are hands on and have extensive experience in the tools and techniques required for simulating, implementing, and testing such designs. You understand the capabilities of corresponding component suppliers in the industry and have successfully transitioned your design(s) from the lab to high volume manufacturing.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Design and/or review design of various optical devices (lasers, modulators, photodetectors, passive waveguide-based devices, etc.) and perform simulation for said designs (optical and electrical).
- Engage with appropriate components vendors.
- Set up corresponding characterization and analysis equipment (including RF/high-speed).
- Transfer design to manufacturing, aid in design of manufacturing and test stations.
- Partner with the manufacturing and commodity teams in sourcing, qualification, and management of suppliers.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of work experience.
- Experience with test automation and statistical data analysis.
- Experience with high-speed optoelectronic and passive optical devices.
- Experience with electromagnetic and device simulations (waveguide-based devices).