Commercial Interior Construction Installer Driver Wanted Jobs Vacancy in New England Laboratory Casework Boston
- Commercial Interior Construction Installer Driver Wanted
- New England Laboratory Casework
- Boston Maluku
- 05 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
New England Laboratory Casework Boston urgently required following position for Commercial Interior Construction Installer Driver Wanted. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Commercial Interior Construction Installer Driver Wanted Jobs Vacancy in New England Laboratory Casework Boston Jobs Details:
About New England Lab
For over 25 years, New England Lab has provided laboratory furniture systems that support breakthrough discoveries and scientific advancement. New England Lab is a growing full-service specialty sub-contractor as well as a design-build firm. We design, furnish and install laboratory furniture for research, manufacturing and teaching environments. We are proud to have provided laboratories to some of the leading university, bio-tech, government, corporate and medical research facilities in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
As an Installer/Drive you will be responsible for receiving, preparing, delivering and installing laboratory furniture, cabinets, fume hoods and accessories to customers in New England. In this role an Installer/Driver will handle schedule coordination, trouble shooting and punch list creation in order to ensure a safe, organized and well managed job site. This is a full-time, hourly, position with typical hours 6:00 am to 2:30 pm. These hours are dependent on work load and scheduling as communicated by your manager, the Field Operations Manager. Overtime is sometimes required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow New England Lab methods for installing laboratory cabinets, casework, and fumehoods on job sites
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouse and other locations
- Examine and inspect material for damage or defects, reporting any damage to manager
- Use fork trucks, pallet jacks, and other equipment to safely handle, load and unload material
- Verify the contents of deliveries against bill of lading and packing slips. Check and note all damages or missing items
- Schedule, plan and communicate deliveries and shipments with Project Management and others
- Read and prepare work orders, packing slips and other paperwork as necessary per delivery, project or inventory needs
- Maintain tracking method for incoming and outgoing material and warehouse inventory
- Load/Unload material at job sites within Boston and greater Boston/New England area
- Perform routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure safety
- Provide outstanding customer service to clients, project managers, and other subcontractors on the job
Skills & Competencies
- 1-3 years Construction and/or Carpentry experience
- Safe, clean driving record (Employment contingent on clean Background Check).
- Experience driving 18-26’ box trucks in Cambridge and surrounds cities is a plus.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds using proper lifting techniques
- Ability to communicate with customers in a professional and courteous way
- Dependable and organized
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at a time
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 a plus
This job requires the ability to lift heavy equipment, packages, and products weighing up to and exceeding 50 lbs. using proper lifting techniques. Must be able to work in variable temperatures both indoors and outdoors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Community
Our team is devoted to creating laboratories that meet the needs of the scientific community. Great leadership and talented team members are the heart and soul of our thriving environment. We focus on providing the best customer service possible and are committed to bringing our clients great results through integrity, dedication, and professionalism.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, pre-tax accounts for health and dependent care, 401K employer match, paid company holidays, and paid vacations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Carpentry: 2 years
Required license or certification: