Entry Level Mechanical Engineering Designer Houston Jobs Vacancy in Hok Houston
- Entry Level Mechanical Engineering Designer Houston
- Houston TX
- 21 Jun, 2018 26 days ago
Hok Houston urgently required following position for Entry Level Mechanical Engineering Designer Houston. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Entry Level Mechanical Engineering Designer Houston Jobs Vacancy in Hok Houston Jobs Details:
The HOK Gulf Coast Region is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Designer to join our Houston team. As a Mechanical Engineering Designer, you will be responsible for creating drawings using a variety of tools including Revit and AutoCAD. Revit experience required.
- Develops, modifies and reviews Revit models of mechanical systems and components including ductwork and piping systems according to established standards and Revit modeling techniques, based on input from the engineering team. Creates project drawings from the Revit model.
- Develops flow diagrams, riser diagrams, control diagrams and similar project documents using AutoCAD.
- Organizes and maintains Revit models and AutoCAD documents for multiple projects.
- Works closely with project team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Performs all work in a clear, complete, and accurate manner.
- Uses Revit to check the design for interferences with other building elements.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying modeling principles for drawings.
- Produces equipment schedules, making changes and adjustments as necessary with input from the engineering team as required.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying drafting principles for drawings.
- Implements and utilizes HOK Standards for projects and processes.
- Actively seeks new knowledge related to engineering practices, principles and regulations changes.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Basic knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Basic knowledge of building codes.
- Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of plans, sections diagrams and equipment schedules, and drawings.
- Proficiency in Revit, including BIM and AutoCAD required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to perform standard computer drafting functions using Revit and AutoCAD and be able to resolve design conflicts
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred.
- One to three years of drafting experience working on a wide variety of building types, such as commercial, corporate, institutional and civic, justice, science and technology, aviation and healthcare facilities.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.