Athletic Field Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Compass Group Usa Houston
Compass Group Usa Houston urgently required following position for Athletic Field Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Athletic Field Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Compass Group Usa Houston Jobs Details:
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider . As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Position requires minimal supervision and many times working alone both on campus(s) and when consulting off campus. Coordinate, supervise, and oversee all aspects of athletic field management that are included in scope of work as defined by contract – including being proactive in problem solving. Develops, oversees and implements budget and procurement process within established guidelines. Provide professional consultation or undertake lead role in athletic field / grounds renovation projects.
- Develop and implement schedules for the management of athletic fields, including; cultural management plan, set ups, stripping, after event field repairs.
- Maintain and conduct routine communication with Athletic Director(s) and Coach’s.
- Develop and implement annual business plan including annual budget.
- Maintain financial records of all funds and labor expenses for department
- Procurement of all materials required to administer a proven management program using approved vendors and within approved protocol.
- Field(s) set up and take down. Ensure that fields meet all criteria as set forth by the governing body of rules including NFHS, NCAA or professional sport association.
- Assist in development and implementation plans for emergency response due to inclement weather i.e. snow and ice, hurricane, tornado or other catastrophes.
- Implement Standard Operating Procedures, follow all protocol and implement Quality Assurance plan.
- Implement training protocol for regulatory compliance, safety and technical needs. Document and record all training.
- Implement the use of an environmentally sound pest management program that includes Integrated Pest Management and Sustainable practices where reasonably applicable. Maintain impeccable records of all actions taken to manage identified pests/ abatement or application processes.
- Light maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Ensure performance of all work in a safe manner for the employee, subordinates, students and others that use the facilities.
- Maintain C.E.U.’s for certifications, attend regional, state or national training as requested by RVP Grounds Management or Grounds Manager.
Requirements (actual demonstration of skills or documents may be required)
- Minimum of five years experience in managing high profile athletic fields.
- Minimum of a two year degree in Agronomy / Horticulture related field
- Good written (report writing) and oral communication (public speaking) skills.
- Efficient in Word, Excel, Power Point and/or other compatible programs.
- Ability to promote awareness to management program.
- Have or be able to demonstrate ability to obtain pesticide license within six months from hire in the following categories; core, turf, and ornamentals.
- Have the ability to operate athletic field / grounds management related equipment.
- Must be willing to fly and travel out of region for extended periods of time, and have the ability to work alone in unsupervised and/or unfamiliar environments.
- Ability to work flexible and/or unscheduled hours.
- Must provide five trade related and two personal references. .
- Other certifications that will enhance candidate, Certified Sports Field Manager, Certified Turfgrass Professional, Certified Professional Grounds Manager, Certified Grounds Manager or other associated certifications.
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA