Teacher Frost Oakmont Secondary Program Jobs Vacancy in Sheppard Pratt Health System Rockville
Sheppard Pratt Health System Rockville urgently required following position for Teacher Frost Oakmont Secondary Program. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Teacher Frost Oakmont Secondary Program Jobs Vacancy in Sheppard Pratt Health System Rockville Jobs Details:
The Oakmont Secondary Program, part of The Frost School, offers a unique year round program for students with autism spectrum disorder in middle and high school who are on a diploma track. Content area courses are taught by certified and experienced special education teachers with the support of trained educational assistants. Students in The Oakmont Secondary Program participate in daily social skills training, resource support, and related services. Individualized behavioral programs are developed by a team that includes a behavioral psychologist, behavior specialists, and special educators, and all students are placed on a motivational system incorporating high levels of positive reinforcement.
As a Special Education Teacher you will:
- Primarily teach social studies but may also teach a course in one or two other curricular areas as needed.
- Provide academic support and behavior management to high school aged students with high functioning autism who are diploma bound.
- Demonstrate knowledge of age-specific student needs in instruction and create an appropriate learning environment in the classroom setting.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on students' progress and also attend and participate in meetings.
- Work cooperatively with other members of the School staff.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 months of related teaching experience (i.e. student teaching, internships, etc.).
- Must have or be eligible for a conditional, standard professional or advanced certification with Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) at time of appointment. Candidates with a conditional certification must obtain standard professional or advanced certification within two to four years of starting in teaching role, as determined by MSDE evaluation of the individual's credentials. Must maintain MSDE certification requirements throughout tenure in position.
- Experience with adolescents with autism/Asperger's/emotional/behavioral issues preferred.