Unit Director Jobs Vacancy in Compass Group Usa Houston
Compass Group Usa Houston urgently required following position for Unit Director. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Unit Director Jobs Vacancy in Compass Group Usa Houston Jobs Details:
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider . As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Job Summary: This position is located in Needville, TX.
As a Unit Director , you are be responsible for the overall cleanliness, sanitation, and security of the assigned buildings. You are responsible for successfully coordinating all work activities of janitorial personnel. You must also have the ability to supervise, direct, and develop supervisors and hourly employees in accordance with company guidelines, and to ensure customer satisfaction through high quality standards, while maintaining an environment that is safe and equitable.
In the Unit Director role you would be responsible for assigning duties, inspecting work, and investigating complaints regarding janitorial services and take immediate corrective action. You would secure and assure that all equipment is maintained and in working order. You would also make sure buildings have sufficient janitorial supplies and take periodic inventories of supplies and materials. You would train, discipline, and recommend dismissals of employees. Unit Directors act as liaison between building occupants or administrators and supervisors, so it is imperative that you are able to effectively communicate all directives from managers, building occupants and administrators to janitorial staff.
- Communicate between various shifts to ensure applicable completion of tasks
- Trains workers in janitorial methods and procedures and proper operation of equipment
- Issues janitorial supplies and equipment to workers to ensure quality and timely delivery of services
- Daily inspection and follow through on all assignments, directives and projects to ensure task completion
- Cross train and develop personnel for multiple positions/duties
- Be able to understand chemical usage, and train supervisors on correct dilution of chemicals
- Weekly staff reports and inspections to General Manager - this includes reporting of all issues, recommendations and task documents
- Meet with Directors weekly to review task completion and future projects
- Secure building after completion of work
- Be able to create and foster a working environment, where safety is first and always
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidates for the Account Manager should meet the following criteria.
- College degree preferred
- One to two years as supervisor in housekeeping or service-related field with high customer/client contact required
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and empathy skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations
- Ability to utilize a participative approach to managing staff
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Will be exposed to chemicals on a constant basis requiring special clothing or safety equipment
- Ability to function appropriate under stressful conditions. Good stress management skills required
- Able to successfully pass a background screen including Social Security validation, criminal, reference check, etc.
- Ability to work with heavy cleaning equipment
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA