Registrar Jobs Vacancy in Palms West Hospital Palm Beach Loxahatchee
Palms West Hospital Palm Beach Loxahatchee urgently required following position for Registrar. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Registrar Jobs Vacancy in Palms West Hospital Palm Beach Loxahatchee Jobs Details:
Registrar(Job Number: 08945-149400)
Work Location: United States-Florida-Loxahatchee-Palms West Hospital - Palm Beach
Schedule: PRN/Per Diem
Job Type: Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
- Interview patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all necessary account information. Bedside registration performed utilizing computer/table on a wheeled cart
- Follow AIDET guidelines in all interactions with the patient
- Provide exemplary Customer Service
- Ensure charts are completed and accurate
- Verify all insurance and obtain pre-certification/authorization
- Calculate and collect patient liability amounts
- Ensure all necessary signatures are obtained for treatments
- Answer any questions and explain policies clearly
- Process patient charts according to paperwork flow needs and established productivity standards
- Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner. Contact the nursing staff for emergency medical needs and answer patient and visitor questions
- Interview incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other responsible individuals to obtain identifying and demographical information with insurance and financial information
- Assign Insurance Plans (IPlans) accurately
- Search MPI completely and assign the correct medical record number. Notify HIM for any duplicate unit numbers
- Verify insurance benefits and determine pre-certification/authorization status via on-line or other resources. If pre-certification/authorization/notification of admission is required and has not been obtained, initiate via Passport, online or phone call. Enter all information and authorization/referral numbers into the registration system.
- Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits, and payment of services from legally responsible parties. Obtain copies of necessary identification and insurance cards.
- Understand and explain policies regarding services, pricing, insurance billing, and payment of account. Request full or partial payment for services rendered according to collection policies.
- Follow all guidelines set forth in the Cash Handling policy. Produce paperwork on each patient for distribution to appropriate departments.
- Cross-train to register patients in any registration area
- Work with physician offices and ancillary departments, providing information when necessary or forwarding relevant documents
- Scan appropriate order in Front Office Scanning.
- Escort patient to his/her destination or refer patient to an available transporter
- Activate all pre-registered patients that have reported for service
- Meet/exceed performance expectations and complete work within the required timeframe.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Other duties as assigned
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.