Staff Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Illumina San Diego
Illumina San Diego urgently required following position for Staff Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Staff Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Illumina San Diego Jobs Details:
This role will work on the development and validation of clinical diagnostic products in clinical genomics lab services. The primary function of this position will be to drive assay development efforts of our clinical diagnostic pipeline(s) in CLIA lab. The role will work closely with the automation development, software development, process engineering, quality assurance and operations groups. The ideal candidate will be able to lead multi-disciplinary investigation and resolution of technical problems, have experience interfacing with cross functional teams including quality assurance and familiarity with the regulatory standards of clinical laboratory environment, in addition to experience in molecular biology methods for nucleic acid applications and sequencing are required.
- Leads assay development efforts in CLIA, CAP and ISO13485 compliant environment.
- Design and execution of experiments to support process development, validation and improvement.
- Ability to apply DOE methods, and collect requirements, plan activities and contribute to budget of allocated project scope, and prioritization of activities/assignments to supporting team members.
- Able to identify risk and provide recommendations for risk mitigation in area of responsibility and at project level.
- Able to own a large subsystem or workflow, without needing oversight.
- Collaborate with automation engineers for the development of methods on automated liquid handlers
- Supports Clinical laboratory and product development process engineering teams.
- Analyzes data to help drive development and validation efforts.
- Be a technical and integration representative for Operations on cross functional initiatives.
- Works closely with scientific, bioinformatics, engineering, software and commercial teams to develop, validate, and transfer new products into the Clinical laboratory.
- Supports and troubleshoots existing processes and provides guidance on potential enhancements.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to implement technologies developed from R&D into a CLIA environment.
- Statistical background for study design, DOE, data analysis, process monitoring and QC.
- Able to create requirements, plan activities and contribute to risk assessment at the interface of multiple project teams, and prioritize activities/assignments to supporting team members.
- Ability to set technical goals for product roadmaps.
- Able to manage vendors and contractors on a technical and tactical business level.
- Ability to lead technical collaborations.
- Background with validation and verification processes in a regulated laboratory.
- Ability to think innovatively toward solving problems effectively and efficiently.
- Adept inter-personal skills to contribute to cross functional project teams and work with stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with NGS technology strongly preferred
- Experience with project management and good documentation practices are strongly preferred
- BSc/MS: 12+ years of experience OR PhD: 6+ years of experience.
For more information and to apply online, please visit: https://illumina.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/illumina-careers/job/US---California---San-Diego/Sr-Manager-Clinical-Lab_10584-JOB
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf