Children Teacher Aide Deaf School Jobs Vacancy in State Ohio Jobs
State Ohio Jobs urgently required following position for Children Teacher Aide Deaf School. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Children Teacher Aide Deaf School Jobs Vacancy in State Ohio Jobs Jobs Details:
Purpose: Support learning objectives of students attending the OSD Pre-K - 12 program with duties and grade levels as assigned.
Assists in the creation and execution of a well-managed classroom
environment aimed at promoting student learning:
- Prepares and gathers instructional materials as instructed by teacher to support instruction, individual tutoring or behavior plan implementation;
- Provides instructional support to implement students' IEPs and to support progress toward State content standards;
- Provides classroom structure, 1:1 assistance and intervention and behavioral plan documentation and reinforcement;
- Uses positive behavioral supports, principles of crisis intervention and classroom routines to achieve behavioral expectations conducive to learning;
- Works with individual students or small groups for emotional support or to extend learning of preschool Standards;
- Creates an environment that is physically and emotional safe, with equity and respect for all students.
- Supervises students in cafeteria, hallways, walking across campus, special classes, on field trips, playground, disembark and board transportation, detention or study hall;
- Supervises in absence of classroom teacher if necessary for short periods of time;
- Escorts students;
- Assists during emergency drills, including evacuations;
- Reports suspected cases of child abuse to legal authorities;
- Assists with toilet training, diaper changing, changing clothes, feeding skills, medication management following training and minor medical procedures after training;
- Provides emotional support and/or time out intervention for students needing special intervention;
- Assists with records, charts and other data concerning student behaviors, progress on behavior plans and success of interventions.
- Takes attendance and maintains other records as assigned;
- Completes inventory, ordering materials, distributing materials and supplies and delivers on campus mail;
- Assembles materials, copies and collates, files and organizes materials;
- Assists with summer child care duties and assignments;
- Assists with classroom preparation, sets up technology and/or maintains electronic files.
- Enhances public relations;
- Stays current of best practices, new requirements, content areas, child development and deaf education/education through professional development;
- Participates in extra-curricular activities;
- Makes required reports to legal authorities;
- Maintains required records and completes required forms;
- Reports unsafe situations immediately;
- Assures the careful supervision of students in classrooms, grounds, hallways and on field trips;
- Assists with summer camp activities, including off campus field trips or swimming/pool activities as assigned.
- Completes requirements for educational license as required;
- Participates in school-wide professional development activities or specific development as required on Performance Evaluation Plan;
- Attends workshops and conferences.
Minimum Qualifications: Must possess current Educational Aide Permit as issued by State Board of Education; 12 mos. exp. in teaching assistance, 4 mos. of which involved assisting teacher in preparing for lesson plans.
-Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above.
Position specific minimum qualification: Intermediate Level in American Sign Language on the SLPI at hire; Advanced Level within one year.
Major Worker Characteristics: Knowledge of classroom safety practices; counseling, child & abnormal psychology*; signing. Skill in use & operation of multimedia materials & equipment; typing; signing. Ability to interpret variety of & carry out instructions in written, oral or picture form; calculate fractions, decimals & percentages; copy materials accurately & recognize grammatical & spelling errors; develop good rapport with students; gather, collate & classify information about data, people or things; cooperate with co-workers on group projects.
(*)Developed after employment.
The final candidate selected for the position will be required to submit to urinalysis to test for illegal drug use prior to an appointment. The State will decline to extend a final offer of employment to any applicant with a verified positive test result. Also, an applicant with a positive test result will not be considered for a position with the State of Ohio for a period of one year.
The final candidate selected for the position will be required to undergo a criminal background check. Criminal convictions do not necessarily preclude an applicant from consideration for a position. An individual assessment of an applicant's prior criminal convictions will be made before excluding an applicant from consideration.