Food Beverage Manager Jobs Vacancy in The National Restaurant New York
The National Restaurant New York urgently required following position for Food Beverage Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Food Beverage Manager Jobs Vacancy in The National Restaurant New York Jobs Details:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes all financial, employee engagement and guest satisfaction plans and actions for Food and Beverage departments.
- Maintains a positive cost management index for kitchen and restaurant operations.
- Utilizes budgets to understand financial objectives.
- Actively involves in hiring, performance management, scheduling, cost control, disciplinary actions and lay off
- Performs managerial opening and closing procedures for the restaurant, private events & all other Food & Beverage outlets based on standard operating procedures
- Manages the daily operation of the restaurant, room service and PDR when needed
- Constantly monitor staff performance, reward or take disciplinary actions based on performance
- Circulate throughout the Private Events, all F & B outlets when necessary maintaining a high profile with customers and staff
- Inspect all table set-ups, ensuring cleanliness, neatness and proper placement at all times
- Constantly monitoring status of all orders and ensuring that all are delivered in accordance to SOP
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness in all areas of Food & Beverage and working condition of departmental equipment and supplies
- To ensure the prompt and efficient service of all meals, snacks, functions and beverages to the required standards
- To ensure that associates are always correctly and smartly dressed, that they offer professional and courteous service to their customers
- Check attendance and report create monthly reports for HR
- Ensure that staffing levels are correct and to agreed standards and are not exceeded without prior consultation
- Conducts pre-meal meetings with the team, inform them about the VIP and special set ups
- Attend meetings as required
- Ensure that fair discipline is affected by performing disciplinary actions for time and attendance, job performance and conduct one on one meetings with the team members and HR.
- Ensure the F&B staff is properly trained on Denihan/Benjamin standards
- Ensure Restaurant policies, procedures are in accordance with Denihan/Benjamin standards when needed
- Know and adhere to all company policy and procedures
- Handle special i.e.:
- Management spot checks all items served to customer to see if they are charged properly
- Quality control, spot check food quality on line and ensure that plates meet specs and pictures o Participated in inventory control
- Holds Food Handlers Certificate.
- To be involved in any special assignments in Food and Beverage concerning operation, F&B Purchasing, Controls, Guest Service.
- Perform any other duties and special projects required by senior management
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress
- Follows company policies and standard procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to associates
- Schedules staff members at proper staffing levels; watches labor costs daily to ensure efficiency in scheduling
- Recruits and staff’s department using company hiring standards.
- Controls liquor storeroom to verify consumption versus cash or host bar sales
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Responds quickly and proactively to guest’s concerns.
- Ensures that all employees, team leaders and managers understand the brand’s service culture.
- Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
- Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
- Ensures all banquet functions are up to the standard and exceed guest’s expectations.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communication and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance where applicable.
- Conducts performance reviews and expedites the disciplinary actions in a timely manner.
- Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and open Door policies.
- Develops an action plan to attack need areas and expand on strengths based on employee engagement and guest satisfaction results.
Leadership Skill Requirements:
- Strong and effective communicator
- Promoter of teamwork and collaboration
- Builds positive relationships with all departments
- Strong positive relationships with all departments
- Able to embrace change and create an environment conducive to change
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm through actions
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow-up
- Uses effective listening skills as a basis for clear communication Technical Skill Requirements:
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary or related professional area.
- Proficiency in Delphi, Micros, Opera knowledge is preferred
- Able to use Microsoft office programs * Able to develop and deliver effective operational training
- Analytical approach to problem solving Other Skill Requirements:
- Ability to work under high levels of pressure
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong, positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage diverse work force
- Financial acumen
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management preferred.
- Minimum 2 year Food & Beverage/Banquets related work
- Certification in Alcohol awareness program
- Familiarity with Food & Beverage cost control
- Certification in Food Handler
- Knowledge of a second language
- CPR Certificate
Job Type: Full-time
- Food and Beverage: 2 years
Required work authorization:
- United States