Supervisory Staff Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Department The Army San Antonio
Department The Army San Antonio urgently required following position for Supervisory Staff Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Supervisory Staff Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Department The Army San Antonio Jobs Details:
SummaryCivilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is with the United States Army Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations Command, 321 Civil Affairs Brigade, 350 Civil Affairs Command, located in San Antonio, TX.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
ResponsibilitiesThe duties of this position include:
- Monitor facility coordination operations
- Exercise control in the name of the Commander
- Establish internal auditing controls to ensure all funds are expended
- Coordinate unit preparation for Command and staff visits, inspections, and similar visits.
- Advise the Commander and staff on policy matters on all phases of the Army Reserve program
- Maintain liaison with higher headquarters, other commands, and the general public
- Speak for the Commander on matters related to the command and the reserve program
- Review incoming directives, policies, and instructions from higher headquarters
- Review the status of organizations training programs and activities
- Ensure Reserve Center(s) are efficiently operated using current directives and regulations
- Exercise supervision over the daily activities of a full-time staff
- Effect minor disciplinary measures
- Identify training needs of employees to assure the conduct of such training
- Assign work to subordinates based on the capabilities of employees
Travel RequiredOccasional travel - The business travel requirement is 5%.
Supervisory status Yes
Who May ApplyThis job is open to… US Citizens Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR)
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
QualificationsIn order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes directing, establishing, or coordinating operations plans and programs for a unit or activity in areas of mobilization readiness, contingency planning, deployment, training, resources, and/or security, and interpret, disseminate guidance, perform evaluations or inspections to ensure unit readiness. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Education: Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position, such as: Business Management and Business Administration.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the second year (total graduate semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Administration and Management
- Oral Communication
- Organizational Performance Analysis
EducationOnly degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
- This position is a TERM position. It is time-limited and may be extended up to a maximum of six years.
- This position may be converted to permanent career or career-conditional appointment without further competition as long as all requirements are met. To be eligible for conversion, employee must complete at least 2 years of current continuous service under a term appointment in the competitive service AND employee must have a current performance rating under such term appointment of at least fully successful or equivalent.
How You Will Be EvaluatedYou will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating : Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Background checks and security clearanceSecurity clearance Secret
- Required Documents
Required DocumentsThe documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External) .
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
Your resume :
- Your resume may be submitted in any format.
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: You MUST submit a copy of your transcript if you want to substitute your education for experience. If you claim qualifications based on education, and do not submit a transcript, your education will not be used in making a qualification determination and you may be found "not qualified." See: Transcripts and Licenses
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
BenefitsA career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.